Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS What adaptions have you made to live with MS?

• What adaptions have you made to live with MS?

Posted by Debi Wilson on July 20, 2018 at 1:28 pm

Life with MS is about adapting and finding what works for you.  Usually, small creative changes can help you to continue doing the things you love.

Please share with us, some of your ideas on how you make your life more MS friendly.

Debi Wilson replied 5 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Erik N Oxy

July 22, 2018 at 7:59 pm

I had to live with pain of different sorts for 25 years. I have been on fentinal then morphine up to 2 years ago. During that I had worked full time for 18 years, with anyone really realizing anything was wrong with me. My doctor’s got me off opiates for tramidol and lyrica. Now my balance is horrible and i get tired and sore walking aabout 100 feet. Before i could walk for at least a mile. And on top of that I have gain alot of weight.

• Debi Wilson

July 22, 2018 at 9:37 pm

I’m sorry that you are having issues, Erik. I hope your Doctors can correct your meds and help you to feel better soon!

• Mary

October 29, 2018 at 7:55 pm

1) Power wheelchair (Hover-round)

2) Stairlift

3) ADA height toilet

3) dual-motor recliner (so foot lift and back reclining can be operated separately)

4) got note from Dr. to give to post office for to-the-door mail delivery

5) 4 hrs a week home health aide, small household tasks, help with exercises, foot care

this is not cheap, and don’t really care for it.  Maybe it is the person, I don’t know.

• Debi Wilson

October 29, 2018 at 8:17 pm

Great advice Mary, thanks for sharing! I didn’t know the post office will deliver to your door, that’s great to know!