Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Anyone Else Out There Shielding Still?

Tagged: , ,

• Anyone Else Out There Shielding Still?

Posted by john-connor on October 28, 2020 at 5:52 pm

I know the advice is that u can go out into our dangerous world  even though u take a Disease Modifying Therapy.

However the combination of mine, Lemtrada followed by Ocrevus, has destroyed my immune system. So I’ve been heavily advised by all at the hospital that deal with my MS to shield, shield, shield!

So far it’s been seven months! The way things are going it could be for my lifetime! I get to go out on drives and watch the world go by. Good for me but bad for the environment. Mea culpa.

No one ever wrote about a SF event that turned out to be boring! A page turner where every page was effectively the same. I’m beginning to feel that I’m the lead in ‘Memento’.

Anyone else out there want a moan? Don’t leave me hanging!

john-connor replied 3 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ed-tobias

November 5, 2020 at 11:56 am

John,

The MS International Federation has recently updated its COVID-19 guidance. Be sure to take a look. I plan to writing about the update for my column next week.

https://www.msif.org/news/2020/02/10/the-coronavirus-and-ms-what-you-need-to-know/

Ed

• john-connor

Administrator
    November 5, 2020 at 1:42 pm

Ta mate.

• brad-thomas

November 10, 2020 at 9:26 pm

I have been since February. It drives me nuts that people around this area don’t take the virus seriously and won’t wear masks. We have missed celebrating so many monumental occasions in the past year: My son’s 18th Birthday; My 20th wedding anniversary; My son’s high school graduation; My daughter’s 16th Birthday. It has been rough.

• john-connor

Administrator
    November 11, 2020 at 1:02 pm

Ta Brad Luckily I’m just enough of a misanthrope to look on the bright side of missing gatherings that I otherwise would have had to go to!