Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums 31 Days of MS Day 14 of #31DaysofMS: We Are All Stronger Than We Think

• Day 14 of #31DaysofMS: We Are All Stronger Than We Think

Posted by Kevin Schaefer on March 15, 2022 at 9:28 am

This is  Rennie Rankin’s (@yogaren) story.

Rennie writes about being diagnosed with MS in 2003, and how her relationship toward her disease has evolved since then. She’s become an advocate, immersed herself in the community, and practiced yoga and meditation.

Here’s an excerpt, “My biggest piece of advice would be to always listen to your body and give it what it needs: rest, proper nutrition, and movement. Also, stop and smell the roses! Not all days are good ones, but there is good to be found in every single day. A positive attitude will always take you so much further than you ever expected.”

Can you relate to Rennie’s story?

Multiple Sclerosis News Today’s 31 Days of MS campaign will publish one story per day for Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month in March. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #31DaysofMS, or read the full series.

ed-tobias replied 2 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ed-tobias

March 19, 2022 at 1:30 pm

I agree with Rennie that it’s very important to listen to your body. I’ve been trying to do that for the 40+ years I’ve lived with MS. However, it takes more than just a positive attitude to fight this illness. I’ve found that treatments, whether DMTs or meds that reduce symptoms, are important.  Do others here agree?