Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums 31 Days of MS Day 27 of #31DaysOfMS: I’ll Go on Adventures Until It Becomes Impossible

• Day 27 of #31DaysOfMS: I’ll Go on Adventures Until It Becomes Impossible

Posted by Jessie Madrigal Fletcher on March 28, 2022 at 7:10 pm

Julie Tovar was diagnosed ten days after her February 2020 wedding, with relapsing-remitting MS. The doctor told Julie she had likely been misdiagnosed for about five years. She felt like her body was betraying her. But then it hit her: she had done SO MUCH, even with MS:  hiked in the Himalayas, explored the Great Barrier Reef and so much more, all, while living with MS.

Julie plans to continue traveling until it becomes impossible. She is choosing joy and staying curious.

Now back to our MS Community: Do you ever look at what you achieve, stop and think how you did it, while living with MS? How does thinking in that way make you feel?

To read Julie’s whole story and find out about her adventures, click here:

Our #31DaysOfMS initiative is running for the entire month of March. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with MS. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

John Connor replied 2 years ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • John Connor

Administrator
    March 29, 2022 at 9:36 am

Ooh, my motto is ‘Do what you can, whilst you can’.
    I was well aware that MS could put me in a wheelchair. I never quite believed how fast it would happen! Even though I was lucky enough to have an array of drugs to fight it.
    Luckily MS is different for everybody so Julie is exactly right with her stance. After all the name of my column is ‘Fall Down, Get Up Again’, even though this is now just a philosophy rather than something I can actually still do. Who wants to read a column entitled ‘Fall Down – Call an Ambulance!’.