Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Some research has suggested that cannabis strains containing cannabidiol (CBD) levels equal to or higher than tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) can help MS patients with muscle spasticity and pain. Other studies have indicated that cannabis can help MS-related gastrointestinal problems, including difficulty with digestion and constipation. Medical cannabis can even improve vision and sleep quality, studies have indicated. They suggest that cannabis’ anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce inflammation of the optic nerve.

Read more about this subject and learn how cannabis can help patients here: GeneFo Guide Explains How Medical Cannabis Can Help MS Patients

Have you tried medical cannabis to ease your symptoms? What’s your opinion on this subject?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Marta Ribeiro.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Ryan Golley.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Marta Ribeiro.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Ed Tobias.
      • This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Marta Ribeiro.
      Ed Tobias
      Keymaster

It’s interesting that Thursday a Food and Drug Administration committee approved the use of CBD, produced from the plant rather than synthetically, for controlling some serious epileptic seizures. A vote by the full FDA is expected in June.

Carol Welsh
      Participant

<span style=”color: #777777; font-family: ‘Open Sans’;”><span style=”font-size: 13px;”>I recently was approved for Medical Marijuana and just started on a tincture of cannabidiol (CBD) levels equal to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in hopes of relieving the severe spaasticity that I experience and that Baclofen 10mg twice a day does not really help with. In Delaware the State does no allow the Doctor (who approved your application for the use) to recommend any strains, dosages, etc Have been searching the net to try and find guidance with limited success, anybody else have information?</span></span>

Ed Tobias
      Keymaster

Carol,

I’m in MD, where the distribution center “budtenders” are able to recommend blends. I don’t yet have my card but my wife, who has pain issues, has one. Based upon her experience, I would suggest going light on the THC (which provides the high). Something that’s higher on CBD and lower on THC might be better for your needs.

I wrote a column a few months ago about MMJ use. It may have some useful info for you.

Ed

Is Medical Marijuana Right for My MS?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account