Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Finding My Way Through Sickness and Sadness with SPMS

• John Connor

Administrator
    February 25, 2020 at 8:27 pm

No.

Have a flu injection every year.

But this year is obviously very different. My autoimmune system is shot because of all the Disease Modifying Therapies I’ve had. Coronavirus for me is indubitably a death sentence!

I direct/produce a live  topical comedy show once a week in the heart of London’s West End. Indeed I’m writing this after a show!

In the UK things seems to be under control but I probably should withdraw from the world.

102 years ago my grandmother died of what became known as the ‘Spanish Flu’. A bird virus that killed far more than the First World War had.

My very own warning from history!

• Micki

April 7, 2020 at 11:33 am

Just read your post and listening to update on the condition of your PM.

My hub and I live in NC in the US.   At the end of Feb he broke his hip – doing well now but, obviously, we had a head start on the “staying home”.   I’m lucky that we are old enough not to have to worry about work but, is hitting all in the US very hard.

I have been diagnosed with SPMS for the last 3 to 4 years and, suddenly, this week had a whole new issue.   I’ve been blessed with comparably minor impact in my life.    Got out of bed a few days ago and almost fell down.   Thank goodness for my poster bed.   Even a cane couldn’t give me stability.   WHAT!!!   This is a new thing.   I don’t want a NEW thing thank you very much.   Doc says I need an MRI – yeah,  like that’s going to happen.   Not going near that place right now and she agreed.    I asked, if when that happens and there are new things going on am I back to RRMS???    Could be – the lady said.   Crumb I’m 75 – I don’t handle change like I use to.

Anyway, John, staying inside really is the best – get yourself a mask and lots of sanitizer and be well.