This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Connor 1 month ago.

• Author
     John Connor 
    Keymaster

For any of us with mobility issues – which must be nearly all of us – putting on weight is a problem. Up to a few years ago I did wheelchair tennis so at least I was getting a good cardio-vascular workout – though you’re sitting down it’s probably more energetic than regular tennis! So I’ve put on weight – for a while it just got worse. How do you cheer yourself up when  you can’t do anything? For me it was sweet popcorn & a streamed movie. So I cut that out and have tried a bit to stabilize. I’ve also accepted there’s little chance of going back – so the solution has been to buy clothes that fit! And wonder of wonders – it turns out that I’m not quite as fat as I thought! Some of the trousers need a secure belting. Clothes that fit – what a relief! Anyone else struggled with this?

Jilleen Verina 
    Participant

John, your amazing playing tennis in a wheelchair. I have no desire to do much of anything. The I want to become more intelligent switch has not come on with all my spare time.

All my life I was skinny, since MS I have put on weight. I just spent the last year getting a new wardrobe via Aliexpress, what fun I had. I don’t look good naked now lol. Well that’s what I think, and when I was skinny I thought I didn’t look good naked either lol. Can’t win. Lucky I am single or it will be lights out.

So it’s elastic waist for everything, nice and compy.

John Connor 
    Keymaster

Hi Jilleen. Ta for replying. There’s a difference between us. I definitely know I don’t look good naked – I just still think I do!!! Found a company called Big Dude Clothing from an online ad and they seem to have good gear. My 23 year old son even commented positively on a pair of trousers  I was trying out. Mind you he tends to acquire items of mine he ‘likes’. It’s the only thing I’ve got in common with David Beckham!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account