This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Debi Wilson 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
     Debi Wilson 

Have you ever tried physical therapy? If so, do you feel it helped to increase your strength and stamina?

KT 
    Participant

Yes I went a few years ago. I work on the 10 diagrams (stick figures they drew for me as requested) 4 days a week (should be every day). It matters how often as if i skip a few I can tell. It shows you a new way to do basic things and thru repetition (like months so be patient and learn to laugh) BUT IT HELPS and you get stronger, not to win a race but to stand, you gain  basic strength to avoid a wheelchair or slowly walk up steps. Practice what they show you,,it takes time could be months or weeks but so what- it helps. Just dont forget about doing something every day, even 5 minutes total, even start out with 3 reps eventually build up to 10 then 2 x 10. Amazing how small basic steps help and learning new ways. Slow and patient..and carefully MATTERS. Try it Im so grateful I did after saying for years..Oh I know how to do that i just can’t anymore (it’s sad and depressing to live always thinking how you “used to”..Live and learn a new way, even how to get up from a chair!..

Debi Wilson 

So true KT!  Physical therapy helped me and I still do the exercises. I agree, it is amazing how doing the exercises for a short time daily can make such a difference!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account