Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Treating MS Alternative Treatments Have you ever tried physical therapy?

• hope2015

April 19, 2019 at 9:41 am

Yes I went a few years ago. I work on the 10 diagrams (stick figures they drew for me as requested) 4 days a week (should be every day). It matters how often as if i skip a few I can tell. It shows you a new way to do basic things and thru repetition (like months so be patient and learn to laugh) BUT IT HELPS and you get stronger, not to win a race but to stand, you gain  basic strength to avoid a wheelchair or slowly walk up steps. Practice what they show you,,it takes time could be months or weeks but so what- it helps. Just dont forget about doing something every day, even 5 minutes total, even start out with 3 reps eventually build up to 10 then 2 x 10. Amazing how small basic steps help and learning new ways. Slow and patient..and carefully MATTERS. Try it Im so grateful I did after saying for years..Oh I know how to do that i just can’t anymore (it’s sad and depressing to live always thinking how you “used to”..Live and learn a new way, even how to get up from a chair!..

• debi-wilson

April 19, 2019 at 12:26 pm

So true KT!  Physical therapy helped me and I still do the exercises. I agree, it is amazing how doing the exercises for a short time daily can make such a difference!