Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Have you learned how to pace yourself?

• Have you learned how to pace yourself?

Posted by Debi Wilson on April 13, 2019 at 11:01 am

Over doing anything with MS can leave you overly fatigued and  your symptoms worse. Have you learned how  to pace yourself? How do you keep yourself from overdoing it?

Debi Wilson replied 5 years ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 13, 2019 at 4:24 pm

Yes and no.  When I change my king size sheets, it’s a real work out, it’s hard work and takes me ages to do this once simple job. I have noticed in recent months I feel tired more during the day and sometimes I will take a nap. Also in recent weeks my left hip hurts now, soon after fixing my painful knee clunk, that happens.  Oh boy, this must be the Progressive part of my MS.

• Debi Wilson

April 14, 2019 at 12:02 pm

Yes, I agree that making the bed is a difficult chore. I can not complete chores all at once. I must complete them in steps  throughout the day.

I’m sorry to hear about your pains, is there anything that can help you?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 14, 2019 at 6:27 pm

Debi, do you not have home help?

I got home help even though I share a house with a man, lol that’s probably why.  I should’t laugh. I am so lucky to have a lady come once a week to clean the house. If my roomate had MS he probably wouldn’t get home help because he shares with a girl.  Ya know that would be correct right. actually I would feel guilty if he got home help if I was capable of doing it.  It’s a girl thing. so I am very greatful for that as he would be terrible at it lol.

• Debi Wilson

April 15, 2019 at 3:13 pm

Hi Jilly,

My daughter helps me, she makes the bed for me. I can relate to what you were saying about the bed, it’s a difficult task!

I think anyone that lives in the house should be doing chores Jilly. It’s not just a “girl thing”. But, I understand what you meant, if you were able and didn’t help you would feel guilty.