Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS How to Reach Your Goals While Living with Multiple Sclerosis

• jeanine-thiede

December 17, 2018 at 5:13 pm

Happy 60th Birthday Cathy Chester!.. Im right behind you.  Goal Setting. I set a goal about 7 months back to eat better and work out more. I got off gluten and dairy and animal fats, trying to get off sugar but I just love my coffee creamer. That is a tough one. I joined WW. I have a gym in my garage. So, started walking on tread mill about 1 or so miles, did the weights and so on. Then I noticed I was having trouble walking, talking, seeing, bumping into walls and so very tired. When I layed down my limbs and head and hips would go crazy. It was violent. Now I know it was Spastic jerks. I even slapped my self a few times and my cup of coffee when flying. broke some dishes and my husband finally said that’s enough. We went to the doctors, he as in my bio.. almost carried me in.. So, new changes, My goals now are to take it slow. See how I do each day. Some days I over do it on the work outs, so, I take a time out for a day, maybe two but no more that two. eating healthy seems to be a big thing, I have read. I ordered some books on how to eat for anti inflammation. Still doing research…

• cathy-chester

December 17, 2018 at 7:13 pm

Jeanine,

I am sorry you experienced such a difficult ordeal. That must have been scary and I hope your doctor figured out why it all happened since, as you said, it was violent. I hope that going forward you will take each day as it comes, go easy on yourself if you can’t do as much as you did the day before, and congratulate yourself on focusing on wellness.

I will keep you in my thoughts and pray that you continue to see better days. You are a fighter, so keep your spirits up and enjoy the holidays!

Thank you for reaching out. I sincerely appreciate it. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Best always~

Cathy Chester