• Is Fat an MS Issue?

Posted by john-connor on August 8, 2019 at 5:37 pm

In my downtime I regularly do market research surveys online. It doesn’t take long and gets me a few quid [bucks] off my grocery shopping. It’s all confidential so I can’t reveal who or what but occasionally you can actually learn something. Today I did one about cancer and obesity – I knew they were linked but it seems it’s up there with smoking! Obviously MS reduces mobility – if you’re unlucky like me it can even take it all away. So weight is an ongoing issue and if you can’t do much, eating something naughty is actually one of the few things we can actually do. Added to this recent research indicates excessive weight can also spur MS progression. So there’s that and an increased cancer risk! Woo-hoo…. Are you struggling with your weight since getting MS? Any diet/exercise tips?

charley-tonkin replied 4 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • charley-tonkin

December 29, 2019 at 7:13 pm

We have been proactive in dealing with SPMS over the last 7 years. Regarding diet, sea dietician and follow the guidelines respectfully. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Drink plenty of water. Treat your inflammation with anti inflammatory foods and seeds etc. We exercise 6 days a week for around 20 minutes a day. General stretching and resistance exercise. It is good to have a friend or spouse work with you on this, because it motivates. You need someone with patience and tolerance. Glenda was diagnosed with SPMS in 2007, so probably had it for 30 years or so after having polio as a child. Take life easy or learn how to take it easy, it’s not rocket science. In general, things are really good after 7 years of practical application and learning.