Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Treating MS Alternative Treatments It's Just a Phage we may All Have to go Thru…

• It's Just a Phage we may All Have to go Thru…

Posted by john-connor on August 2, 2019 at 5:10 pm

This week my column once again gets hijacked by the UTI’s that have been racking my body for years. I don’t know how common this is for you lot but it has been a constant ever since I started to self-catheterise. It’s increased as my DMT‘s got stronger with the likes of Lemtrada and now Ocrevus. We are all facing the apocalypse of antibiotics beginning to fail – for those of us with chronic diseases this is likely to affect us first. Luckily there is some hope – phages. I first heard the term in Star Trek:Next Generation where a whole race of aliens were being wiped out by the phage! But it is actually a real thing – not as a disease but as a disease killer. It seems every bacteria has its very own bacterial killer – you just have to find it. They’ve been doing it in Georgia for some 80 years. Not the US state but the place where Stalin came from – though if you lived in the Soviet Union and reminded him of this you’d quickly disappear. I’ve watched documentaries about it but was chatting to a friend recently who’s actually doing this. His son has Cystic Fibrosis and they’re actively using it for him at the moment. It’s one thing to know of something in abstract – it’s handier to know someone who’s actually trying out the process. Are you worried about the antibiotics crisis? Let us know….

john-connor replied 4 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.