This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  John Connor 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     John Connor 
    Keymaster

This week my column once again gets hijacked by the UTI’s that have been racking my body for years. I don’t know how common this is for you lot but it has been a constant ever since I started to self-catheterise. It’s increased as my DMT‘s got stronger with the likes of Lemtrada and now Ocrevus. We are all facing the apocalypse of antibiotics beginning to fail – for those of us with chronic diseases this is likely to affect us first. Luckily there is some hope – phages. I first heard the term in Star Trek:Next Generation where a whole race of aliens were being wiped out by the phage! But it is actually a real thing – not as a disease but as a disease killer. It seems every bacteria has its very own bacterial killer – you just have to find it. They’ve been doing it in Georgia for some 80 years. Not the US state but the place where Stalin came from – though if you lived in the Soviet Union and reminded him of this you’d quickly disappear. I’ve watched documentaries about it but was chatting to a friend recently who’s actually doing this. His son has Cystic Fibrosis and they’re actively using it for him at the moment. It’s one thing to know of something in abstract – it’s handier to know someone who’s actually trying out the process. Are you worried about the antibiotics crisis? Let us know….

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account