Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Trials and Research Mental Fatigue in MS May Be Due to Poorer Brain Response to Tasks

• Mental Fatigue in MS May Be Due to Poorer Brain Response to Tasks

Posted by john-connor on August 4, 2020 at 11:51 am

So this is a recent trial that I’d like to take umbrage with.

Not that study isn’t greatly needed in this area but from my own experience.

Now I’m well aware from my degree in Economics 40 years ago that your own experience is not enough to base an argument on. But then how often has economics been absolutely wrong in that period?

Never has doing mental work, such as now, given me the fatigue that physical actions do. What it has done is given me the good old ‘brain fog’ or at least it did until I was put onto drugs to deal with it. It took the usual struggle of mega-researching, hey, despite ‘brain fog’. Eventually got put on Modafinil and due to pop one now. That’s better.

Designed as a drug to deal with narcolepsy it gained a rep among students as a ‘smart’ pill. They’d obtain it nefariously and pop it whilst cramming for exams! My son who was a student at the time actually thought I was quite hip – or whatever that phrase is in modern lingo dadio!.

The ‘brain fog’ has completely cleared. Before I struggled through tasks working on some kind of automatic – if I’d done it before I could somehow get through it. Modafinil never stopped fatigue.

Doubt any of you have got through this rambling but if you have what have your experiences been with dealing with intellectual tasks? Say, with dealing with this post?

john-connor replied 3 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.