Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS MS can be….how would you complete this sentence?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    December 11, 2018 at 4:53 pm

MS can be perplexing, with a dash of worry.

• Debi Wilson

December 11, 2018 at 8:32 pm

Very true!

• Jacqueline

December 12, 2018 at 12:48 am

MS can be…….a nightmare, it takes ones future away, even though one is still living…

• Debi Wilson

December 12, 2018 at 1:45 pm

Agreed!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    December 12, 2018 at 4:16 pm

MS can be challenging…

I have come to learn that any illness is a nightmare, since I have found myself in a nightmare, but on saying that, I have worked hard on my mental health over it.  Yes everyday I wake up I say, “oh no not this again”.

It’s important to be kind to yourself.  The internet has become my life, we all have everything at our finger tips these days, you just have to seek it out.  The universe has a way of giving you what you need, not what you want, but what you need.

Jilly.

• Debi Wilson

December 12, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Well said, Jilly!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      December 13, 2018 at 3:53 pm

thanks Debi

• Jacqueline

December 13, 2018 at 2:28 am

Yes sad to say the Internet has also become my life, my world…I spend far too much time on it…I communicate with friends on sites like ours for company, a sad world when what we really need-want is actual face to face communication, and more importantly…some humour and laughter, if just to take our minds off our illness…

Some illnesses are more of a nightmare than others, and what I mean by that, many are in the end curable, but not ours sadly and unfortunate…

Jackie..

• Debi Wilson

December 13, 2018 at 11:13 am

I agree, Jilly and Jackie, face to face socialization is good and needed. But, aren’t we lucky we can still meet others, share experiences, gain new friends and important information from the comfort of our own home!  Imagine how isolated we would feel if we didn’t have places on the internet where we could go to connect and share with others. ?

• Jacqueline

December 13, 2018 at 3:38 pm

Debi…the internet is a Godsend but, many now abuse it…it can also be a dangerous place…but we are safe in here…

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      December 13, 2018 at 4:04 pm

Hi Jacqueline, pretty name.

Don’t worry yourself about the dark aspects on the internet, you know by now how to stay safe on the internet, I hope. No dating sites, never send money to strangers, and if you get an email from someone you don’t know, don’t open it then send it to spam. Simple.

The only visitors I get are my roommates friends, they are all old men lol. Both my older sisters live in different cities in New Zealand, but we chat on the phone now and again. both my parents are gone, lost my mom when I was 22 and my dad when I was when I was 34. I have no children of my own.

MS can be isolating.

• Jacqueline

December 14, 2018 at 2:48 am

Jilleen – Jilly

…like you, I am computer awareness ” savvy ” I am very aware of these con artists…

Oh Jilleen…very similar to me, I lost my mother when I was 26, my father when I was 37…

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      December 15, 2018 at 8:48 pm

wow Jacqueline, you where young when you lost your parent too.  It was a tough time, all of it really, still don’t rightly understand death.  My own will come one day, hope I am ready for it.

Glad to hear you are savvy, good word ‘savvy’, I like it.

I am trying to be savvy at the moment, trying to figure out what people want, then give it to them lol.  I know that sounds like a big job, but I am trying to narrow it down.

MS can be an opportunity to find something new.

Thanks for chatting  Jacq, can I call you that?

• Jordan Rousch

January 26, 2019 at 11:51 am

MS can be unforgiving, I’ve learned a lot about my personal case with it and learned I can’t trust my body to recover on its own. It’s important I listen to it to keep MS controllable.

• Debi Wilson

December 18, 2018 at 4:31 pm

That’s a good answer, Jordan. And, you are right we know our bodies and how  we  feel better than anyone .

• jamie MACPHERSON

November 13, 2019 at 1:19 pm

MS can be……just a name on your medical records. Mindset and commitment to exercise, diet, supplementation of D3, flaxseed oil, meditation. This is what I and many others have followed since been diagnosed and feel fitter and stronger everyday ?