• The Left Field Conjecture

Posted by John Connor on November 4, 2019 at 8:23 pm

Doubt there’s any veracity to this but a report stating measles destroyed the immune system got me a thinking. My mother was an anti-vaxer before it was even a thing. Indeed it was so long ago I’m pretty sure it was still the age of the measles party! You took your young children to be exposed to the virus along with chocolates and pop.

I only remembered this when a Doctor had to do a house visit as I was so ill. I’d just returned from another hedonistic three weeks at the Edinburgh Festival. I figured I must just be getting too old for all the carousing!

The Doctor actually chuckled as she told me I had measles. I spent the next two weeks fantasizing about being able to eat a nectarine. I have no idea why. Whenever I’ve eaten one since I’m immediately ripped right back to that dingy garret in Haringey, N. London.

As today anti-vaxxing is a conspiracy theory I’m blaming doctors. I was actually renting a room in a doctor’s house in Edinburgh. I’ve always presumed I probably came into contact with the virus there.

I doubt there’s a connection with this event some 20 years before I was diagnosed with MS. Yet as my immune system was obviously destroyed it might  just have a bearing?

What do you think?

John Connor replied 4 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.