Tagged: ,

• Tysabri

Posted by John Chandler on January 4, 2021 at 3:20 pm

Hi,  I have been on Tysabri for a little over two years, I did not really have any issues although I have always said that it isn’t the wonder drug for me?     Around 15 months ago I started having low blood pressure issues, constant dizziness etc?     Just wondering if it is the drug or MS progression???

John

ed-tobias replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ed-tobias

January 5, 2021 at 2:15 pm

John,

I was in the Phase III trial for Avonex around 1995 and was treated with it, after it was approved in the US, for about ten years. I never thought it was great and I eventually got needle fatigue. I switched to Tysabri and was treated with it for seven years, until my titer score got too high. I think it slowed my progression. After a short time on Aubagio I moved to Lemtrada. I’m now about 2 1/2 years post Round 2 of that treatment. I definitely feel it’s slowed my progression and think it’s improved some symptoms slightly (bladder & bowel, primarily).

I never had any real side effects with any of these DMTs, though I do remember my BP being checked during every Tysabri infusion. A low BP might account for the dizziness. Have you discussed it with your neuro?

Ed