Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS What are some small things that you do that make your day brighter ?

• What are some small things that you do that make your day brighter ?

Posted by Debi Wilson on January 30, 2019 at 11:50 am

What are some small things that you do that make your day brighter?

Deleted User replied 5 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 30, 2019 at 3:34 pm

I just wish my relatives would email or phone me.   They are all over the world, surely they have some good work stories to share, but nope, I get zip.   It’s nice to get a visitor, but that hardly ever happens also.   My days are incredibly boring and I have to create new ideas to occupy my mind.   I come here everyday, and visit the other chat room, sometimes I draw, sometimes I shop online, that’s the most fun, then wait 3 weeks for the items to be delivered.   I sell the items I made a mistake on an auction web site in my country (try to sell them), watch tv or netflix, do the dishes, pet the dog. tap my fingers, scratch my head, pick a fight lol.

• Debi Wilson

January 30, 2019 at 6:04 pm

All good things, Jilly!  Except the pick a fight! LOL

• Jacqueline

January 30, 2019 at 6:04 pm

Not on  a day to day basis, nor MS basis but…I-we, have just joined a largish group of seniors once a week ( Wednesdays ) that meet in a church hall for bingo, raffle and a cup of tea….It is company, communication that breaks up what was once my boring week, that now makes my week go a tad faster, something to look forwards to…

• Debi Wilson

January 30, 2019 at 6:06 pm

That sounds like a great time, Jackie!  I need to find something like that around here !

• Jacqueline

January 31, 2019 at 9:09 am

Debi…

…must admit, bingo was never my ” cup of tea ” as the expression goes…but hey if this gets me out of the home for three or so hours, and with company, that must be a good thing thing, isn’t it?…I really need to be looking for more senior type of socials….Oh forgetting this new group also does trip out to places, I haven’t booked anything yet but one that is coming up will be our famous Kew Gardens, said yesterday they at Kew gardens can and do provide wheelchairs, ( or perhaps if my mobility scooter can do the mileage )  has hardly been used as yet, ) maybe something for me to consider…I have been to Kew before but of course many years ago back when I was able bodied…

• Debi Wilson

January 31, 2019 at 1:00 pm

Sounds like a fun group, Jackie. I am excited to hear about your trips and experiences with the group.  Good for you,  you inspire me !

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 31, 2019 at 4:53 pm

lol Debi, I was joking about picking a fight. They happen without my input.

• Debi Wilson

January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm

I know, Jilly! It was funny! ?

• Jacqueline

February 1, 2019 at 8:57 am

Jilly…if you do, you can always blame it on your MS…” the MS made me do it…” ha ha…

• Debi Wilson

February 1, 2019 at 12:42 pm

? Jackie!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 1, 2019 at 4:31 pm

lol, Jackie, I must admit, I have wondered if I could blame the MS.  Sometimes I get really tired for no reason, thinking that’s the MS.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 3, 2019 at 1:12 pm

Dang it, I fell over last night outside in the dark and tried to do the quick step which is pointless and landed on my left MS leg, I didn’t think I could get back up, so I banged on the door with the broom stick really loud for my roomate for 5 minutes he didn’t come, he thought I was sweeping the ground.  charming.  I managed to get back up.  Man my left knee hurts bad today.  I must say though after it happened, as I was going down I thought ‘this isn’t good’.  A large potted plant broke my fall and I just crazed my left elbow, I really think something helped me not get too badly hurt….I don’t know but it is much harder to walk today.  More pain killers today guys.  It was just 3 weeks ago my left knee cap move 4mm to the left and I haven’t recovered from that yet.  It’s going to be a slow day/weeks lol.

• Debi Wilson

February 3, 2019 at 3:20 pm

So sorry Jilly!!

I know how awful falling can be, I had a fall two weeks ago and my leg and foot still hurt, I guess I will break down and go to the doctor.

Praying for a quick recovery for you!  I hope you can take it easy and rest today !

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 3, 2019 at 9:51 pm

Thanks Debi, I have had more pain killers today that usual.  I must tell you my knee cap doesn’t click (clunk) anymore, it’s amazing, I might have put it back in place.  I am wary of it though, being extra careful on it.

• Jacqueline

February 4, 2019 at 10:26 am

What able bodied people dont realise is, if we fall we cant-dont get up the way they would automatically get up. We cant just hold onto someones hand and be pulled up from the front. We have to turn over onto our knees, grab hold of something solid, then get ourselves up which is not an easy task. If there is nothing solid to grab hold of, we could be there forever which is so very frightening to even think of, let alone to happen.

Jilly, i hope your room mate is looking after you, shame on him for ignoring you and assuming you were still cleaning up…it wouldn’t have taken much to have come and done a check on you, I am of course assuming he is able bodied…

Now you rest yourself and give yourself some me time. It might be worthwhile getting yourself checked over by your local GP just to be on the safe side. I know falls are now part and parcel of our MS life and are to be expected.

Jackie.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 4, 2019 at 3:53 pm

Jackie, yes shame on him and he is able bodied.  It hurt my heart that he didn’t check on me.  I had to reposition myself and use a log seat to get myself up and ruined a pair of socks by the dragging, it was midnight.  TBH he lets me down all the time,  I have to have zero expectations, which can be difficult at times.

But hey my left knee cap isn’t clicking anymore, it’s a miracle, but the muscle is tight as it hasn’t been used in over two years.  Today I am only having two paracetamols (over the counter pain killers).  I’m going to try and not take anymore for the rest of the day.

Jackie, you have a mobility scooter,  I wonder if I will need one of those later on.  I may not as I never go anywhere.  I am stuck in hump day.  With all my progress I can’t get past hump day.   Maybe getting past hump day is in the future and I will be able to get over it.