Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS What Causes Facial Pain in MS?

• Shauna Pearce

May 5, 2019 at 4:29 pm

while trigeminal neuralgia is frequently found in many ms warriors TN is also apart of migraines and tmjd, tmd, whiplash, cervicle vertebrae issues and very poor posture.  I have suffered with untreated TN since my car accident in 1996  up until 2017 when I found the right doctor/dentist but I started stress grinding my teeth in 1982 during a very bad marriage and increased stress due to migraines after my accident.  While my neurologist did multiple mri’s of my brain and neck they NEVER EVER did a mri of my face or jaw to see what else could be involved.  My TN dentist did a CT of my jaw  and not only do I now have osteoarthritis in my jaw joint but the joint is really messed from the stressors of four different car accidents.  Had the doctors really listened to me without prejudice and bias they might have actually listened to me  and did more than their usual exams I might have been able to get the proper treatment before I worse down my joint from stressing and avoided the never ending pain of OA and TN.