Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Are you aware of all the benefits of dark chocolate?

• Are you aware of all the benefits of dark chocolate?

Posted by Debi Wilson on June 21, 2018 at 3:21 pm

Are you ready for some good news chocoholic’s?
    Just a little bit of  dark chocolate in  your day can offer benefits for you and your MS!

Dark chocolate is known to contain antioxidants that  can help promote brain power, increase memory  and  aid in stress reduction!

Are you a chocolate lover, is this good news for you?

Debi Wilson replied 5 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jacqueline

June 21, 2018 at 4:32 pm

Yes and no, I love milk chocolate only, not dark…so dont think milk counts….if only….On a serious note Debbi, I have heard of this before and know quality dark chocolate has its benefits and uses…

Your brain, like all the other parts of your body, requires oxygen and nutrients to survive and thrive. Dark chocolate helps to increase circulation and produce more red blood cells, which will help your body to send more oxygen and nutrients to your brain. The result: better brain function!

It can enhance cognitive function –One study  found that dark chocolate helped to improve cognitive function among the elderly, even those with cognitive impairment. The flavonols in cocoa helped their brains to function more efficiently.

It gives your brain a boost –Chocolate contains small quantities caffeine and theobromine, two substances that help to reduce fatigue and enhance brain function. In one study, researchers discovered that dark chocolate in small doses gave the brain a boost far more effectively than white chocolate.

• Debi Wilson

June 21, 2018 at 5:19 pm

Yes, only the dark chocolate. Sorry, Jackie!:)  Good explanation and information on why dark chocolate is so beneficial!

I used to only love milk chocolate too,  but I heard of all the benefits of dark chocolate and I trained myself years ago to like it.

I just have a little bit once in awhile, which is plenty. Especially, with the caffeine and the calories!