Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Are you more of “a glass half empty, or a glass half full” type of person?

• Are you more of “a glass half empty, or a glass half full” type of person?

Posted by Debi Wilson on January 24, 2019 at 12:06 pm

Do you feel you are more pessimistic or optimistic ?  What makes you feel that way ?

MODY replied 5 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm

This is a loaded question.  Once my glass was full.  Then it was half full, now it’s empty.  I consider myself as an optimistic pessimist.  Also I am an introvert.  The definition of an introvert is someone who prefers calm, minimally stimulating environments.  Introverts tend to feel drained after socializing and regain their energy by spending time alone.  The glass level changes alot.

• Debi Wilson

January 24, 2019 at 5:40 pm

Good answer Jilly, I never thought of it like that.  But, you are right there are lots of variables!

• MODY

January 25, 2019 at 9:18 am

Debi I’m very optimistic & very realistic too. 🙂

• Debi Wilson

January 25, 2019 at 9:20 am

Good qualities, MODY! Thank-you for your comments!

• Jacqueline

January 25, 2019 at 1:40 pm

I am very realistic, i see things as they are, and to any future problems that may or may not arise…

• Debi Wilson

January 25, 2019 at 1:41 pm

I agree, that is the best way to be Jackie! Living in denial doesn’t help anything.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 25, 2019 at 4:54 pm

Good for all you guys, your doing fabulous, even though you and me have this wrected illness.  We have each other here.  We can help each other and allow everyone to speak freely.  I think that is the whole point of this forum.  Just like a communtiy of peers, like minded folks and share insight or just vent, let some steam out.

• Jacqueline

January 25, 2019 at 9:06 pm

To some, they may see me as a worrier ( of which I am, ) worrying about things that may or may not happen but, I can see, and do look far ahead of what might or what can, and I have often been proven right…

• Debi Wilson

January 25, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Jilly, That’s right a community for us to share, connect and learn!

Jackie, I worry also.  I really have to self talk to remain positive.

• MODY

January 26, 2019 at 1:02 am

Hi everybody

During my MS long trip ,Since 1995, I used several treatments since all available drugs today was a dream.

At the beginning I used a drug called  Interferon-beta for the period 1995-2001(7years).

Since 2002 till 2007 (6years) I had no drugs at all cause nothing was available then and according to that I decided to try alternative medicine as follow;

– I used BEE STINGS for to years and I was great cause my muscles was so strong.

– I left home to China looking for Chinese herps after I read about an Australian MS girl cured after usin Chinese Meds.

– I used Chinese Acupuncture.

–  l used CUPPING THERAPY ?

In 2008 my Doctor suggested to give me MITOXANTRONE which is anti-cancer drug cause it was the only available drug in hospital and was so bad for me

In 2009 APRIL, I started Tysabri which was so great till today

to be honest, my medical trip was so full with sorrows but I insist to be optimistic cause simply I’m dealing with MS

Regards

• Jacqueline

January 26, 2019 at 11:04 am

Debi, re, ” self talk ” now that is another thing I do a lot…talk to myself…although I have yet to answer myself….I haven’t quite got to that stage yet….Do you remember that song….” they are coming to take me away ha ha…”

Anyway, as long as I still have my humour and can still laugh, I know there is still hope for me, it is the day I stop laughing I will know then I am in trouble…So keep laughing folks…

I guess this post too will be under ” moderation…” and may take a day to appear…

Jackie..

• Jacqueline

January 26, 2019 at 11:04 am

Mody…

…please dont mess up your body any more than MS is already messing it up, you may have done it more harm ( just my opinion ) ….you have been- you are trying several  things to cure or relieve your MS, I dont believe we will ever find a cure until they find out for definite why we get it in the first place….I am sure a cure wont be found in my lifetime, I am coming up to 68 this March, but hope a cure is found for our future generation…I would never wish this illness on my daughter – my grandson nor my great grand child….

As for the topic subject…I forgot to mention I try my best to stay positive…although I coming to terms with ” what is to be, will be…”

Jackie…

• MODY

January 26, 2019 at 12:01 pm

Jackie

Please don’t worry about me all MRIs for brain – since 1995 – shows normal & and all my past alternative treatments I had was OK somehow. I was very optimistic while taking them and very careful at the same time and now I’m so happy taking MMS1 as I said before while I feel more improvements every month

It really takes along time from drug companies & research centers to find out a single drug every several years or maybe decades that’s why patients run to alternative medicine (I met so many patients in China from USA,UK and Canada who fail to find an appropriate solution for their problems) but all of them where optimistic.

Regards.

• Jacqueline

January 26, 2019 at 3:13 pm

Ah yes, MS can take our body functions from us but it is not taking our brain…no pun intended, as my brain functionings are as clear as ever, I am still very much on the ball, and hope to remain so…

Mody, keep on improving…

Jackie…