Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jacqueline
      Participant

As from today I can now add Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia to my daily MS portfolio. Been given a fortnights supply of Carbamazepine. I ask myself what else is MS going to throw at me?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Jackie, I had to google that.  You have face pain?  I can’t imagine how that would be.

Atypical trigeminal neuralgia (ATN), or type 2 trigeminal neuralgia, is a form of trigeminal neuralgia, a disorder of the fifth cranial nerve. This form of nerve pain is difficult to diagnose, as it is rare and the symptoms overlap with several other disorders.

Atypical facial pain is variable and can be characterized as dull, aching, burning, sharp, squeezing, or crushing quality and has a psychogenic origin. The may occur on both sides of the face differing from trigeminal nerve pain.

Debi Wilson

Sorry Jackie!  From what I’ve read it sounds very painful!

Jacqueline
      Participant

Two and a half months of inside left cheek skin discomfort, with a feeling of warmth and numbness, as if the dentist anaesthetic is wearing off, with lump at the back of the throat and sore throat that comes and goes. Last week I got my dentist to give my mouth a going over, this is not a teeth nor gums problem, he too thought Atypical facial Neuralgia..

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account