• Aubagio to Mavenclad

Posted by Natasha Vaz on September 17, 2018 at 2:37 pm

Hello everyone!  I have been on Aubagio for the last several years.  I had the unexpected result of “feeling better” while taking it.  More energy and more like myself.  Unfortunately due to some small relapses, I have been on 11 days of “washout” and now remember how crappy I felt.  I am starting Mavenclad this week.  I am frightened, and hopeful at the same time.  Does anyone else have experience on Mavenclad?  I know the goal is to stop progression but damn, I really just want to feel good too 🙁

Chris replied 4 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Debi Wilson

September 17, 2018 at 2:47 pm

Hi Natasha, I’m glad you started this topic. I have not had any experience with either drug, so I am not much help. But, I am excited to see what some of our members have to say about it!

• ed-tobias

September 17, 2018 at 2:56 pm

Hi Natasha,

I’m another moderator and I’d also like to welcome you here.

I was diagnosed in 1980 and have been on several disease-modifying treatments over the years. Aubagio was one of them. It kept my progression in check and, like you, I think I felt somewhat better while I was using it. I changed from it to Lemtrada about 18 months ago.

Mavenclad isn’t approved for use in the U.S. so I have no experience with it. However, I’ve read several items on line that indicate that it’s beneficial. I’d suggest that you search for “Mavenclad” on the main MS News Today web site. (You should be able to get to it by clicking the “Home” tab at the top of the Forums page). Your search should lead you to a few articles.

Good luck,

Ed

• Chris

October 27, 2019 at 10:13 pm

Hi Natasha:  this is Chris (female 39 years old). I’m new to this forum. Hope you are doing well. I’m wondering if you ever took Mavenclad and if so what is your experience? My doctor just recommended Mavenclad, but it was just approved in the US by the FDA this year in March, so the is not much info other than the estudies and trials. I was hoping to connect with someone that has done this treatment. Thanks!