Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Trials and Research Can Fruit Peel Amazingly Give Us Back Our Myelin?

• John Connor

Administrator
    June 18, 2020 at 11:59 am

So, I’ve given it a go.
    I take a myriad of supplements that might possibly help MS.
    Some like Biotin have recently proved to be worthless. Still, it’s flogged as being ‘Support for Healthy Hair, Skin and Nails’ so at least I’m giving myself the chance at being lustrous!
    I bought the below off British eBay for £20 – the below is from UK Amazon.£8 more with del but a better sales pitch!

Ursolic Acid 100 Capsules | Natural Anabolic | Loose Body Fat, Increase Lean Muscle Mass, Fuel Your Strength |
    by Haya Labs
    4.0 out of 5 stars 12 ratings
    Was: £25.99
    Price: £23.99 (£23.99 / Item) + £4.26 delivery
    You Save: £2.00 (8%)
    Pay £23.99 £3.99: get a £20 gift card upon approval for the Amazon Classic Mastercard. Terms apply.
    NATURAL ANABOLIC: designed to accelerate lean muscle growth, promote greater strength and decrease body fat
    POWERFUL ANTI-CATABOLIC: preserves lean mass by preventing muscle breakdown and increasing net muscle gains
    HELPS BUILD MORE LEAN MUSCLE FASTER: Haya Labs Ursolic Acid is a potent bioactive Compound that literally works through multiple pathways to turn off muscle breakdown and turn on muscle growth
    ACCELERATED FAT LOSS: Haya Labs Ursolic Acid produces powerful fat burning effects, helping you build muscle while getting leaner
    100% QUALITY ASSURANCE: Ursolic Acid capsules crafted by Haya Labs ensures their customers the products used are from the purest and natural ingredients on the market – Rosemary Leaf Extract

• ed-tobias

June 20, 2020 at 10:16 am

Nah, not tempted. As I heard a researcher say the other day, “mice lie and monkeys exaggerate.” On the other hand, one of my favorite songs is “Peel me a Grape.”  https://youtu.be/n7Uc3q346VU

• Collette Randall

June 21, 2020 at 4:29 am

A compound found in the peels of some fruits, such as apples and prunes, may reduce neuron damage and promote myelin repair, a mouse model study has found.

• John Connor

Administrator
    June 22, 2020 at 8:04 am

Hi Ed & hello Collette
    Practically every study I’ve flagged up or read about seems to be tested on mice! I’ve highlighted this recent study before questioning the validity of all mice research on us humans.
    So as much as I agree with your valid skepticism Ed – think my MS advancement has me now grasping at straws. Despite the plastic ones being terrible for the environment! x
    PS Counter with Tom Petty ‘This Old Town’ – admittedly only mention of rodents is ‘Rats to Kill’ but love his music.