Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums 31 Days of MS Day 15 of #31DaysOfMS: My Diagnosis Helped Me Find My Purpose

• Day 15 of #31DaysOfMS: My Diagnosis Helped Me Find My Purpose

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on March 16, 2022 at 5:00 pm

Melody Sapien was diagnosed when she was 15 years old. Finding out she had MS was life-changing. Melody had been experiencing unsettling symptoms for a while, so when her neurologist told her she had MS, she was relieved to finally have an answer. Yet, that relief ended when she heard that if she didn’t go on medications, she would end up in a wheelchair.

Melody is gaining control of her life through nutrition and lifestyle habits. She became a nutritional therapist and Wahls practitioner. She now works with people and tells them “I’m here with you. I stand with you because I was you.”

Melody your positivity and resilience are infectious!

Now back to our MS Community: What changes did you make and did they work for you?

To read Melody’s whole story and find out what worked for her, click here:

Our #31DaysOfMS initiative is running for the entire month of March. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with MS. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

ed-tobias replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • john-connor

Administrator
    March 18, 2022 at 2:48 pm

Well, whatever works. I’ve been a vegan for two years under my own hypothesis that it might just reduce inflammation spikes. OK, guess. However, there seems to be something to it. However, anything based on the paleo diet is deeply suspicious. A new age pseudo trend. Nearly 10 years ago this embedded article was published in Scientific American. Sorry Melody.

• ed-tobias

March 19, 2022 at 1:26 pm

Diet is important but I don’t think it can do everything. Diet along with  treatments is the way to go, IMHO. Disease-modifying therapies didn’t become available until about 15 years after I was diagnosed. I sure wish I’d been able to have been treated sooner.