Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Does anyone have any tips for making showering easier?

• Does anyone have any tips for making showering easier?

Posted by debi-wilson on November 24, 2018 at 2:35 pm

Showering can be a challenge when you are disabled.  There are shower chairs, and hand held shower heads that can help. But, do you know any other tips that can make showering easier? What helps you?

debi-wilson replied 5 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • cubby1

November 29, 2018 at 6:49 pm

On another site, I saw a suggestion to get a real terrycloth robe to dry after shower/bath instead of trying to use a towel.  It’s on my Christmas list??.

• debi-wilson

November 29, 2018 at 6:46 pm

That’s a great idea, thanks Mary!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      December 3, 2018 at 6:23 pm

I find showering one of the hardest things to do with PPMS, my left leg has close to zero control, I worry everytime I’m in the shower, but I am greatful to have a step in shower with hand rails.  My landlord put that in for me as we only had a bath.  So, showering and drying are difficult. good idea about the terrycloth robe though.

• daniel-dabbs

December 1, 2018 at 11:14 am

My fathers has PPMS we don’t have a walk in shower and at first it was challenging but with some basic adaptations we made showering very easy. We got a bathroom chair and a house wheelchair to transfer him into the bathroom. We use a BANANA BOARD to help transfer him from his wheelchair to bathroom chair.

• ed-tobias

December 2, 2018 at 10:47 am

Thanks for the suggestions, Daniel. The bath chair can be a big help.

Ed

• debi-wilson

December 3, 2018 at 8:43 pm

I know what you mean, Jilly. Showering can be scary and it sounds like you have a great landlord !

You have a great showering system Daniel,  and it seems that your dad has an awesome family !