This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Debi Wilson 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Debi Wilson 

Showering can be a challenge when you are disabled.  There are shower chairs, and hand held shower heads that can help. But, do you know any other tips that can make showering easier? What helps you?

Mary 
    Participant

On another site, I saw a suggestion to get a real terrycloth robe to dry after shower/bath instead of trying to use a towel.  It’s on my Christmas list😊🎅.

Debi Wilson 

That’s a great idea, thanks Mary!

Anonymous

I find showering one of the hardest things to do with PPMS, my left leg has close to zero control, I worry everytime I’m in the shower, but I am greatful to have a step in shower with hand rails.  My landlord put that in for me as we only had a bath.  So, showering and drying are difficult. good idea about the terrycloth robe though.

Daniel Dabbs 
    Participant

My fathers has PPMS we don’t have a walk in shower and at first it was challenging but with some basic adaptations we made showering very easy. We got a bathroom chair and a house wheelchair to transfer him into the bathroom. We use a BANANA BOARD to help transfer him from his wheelchair to bathroom chair.

Ed Tobias 
      Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestions, Daniel. The bath chair can be a big help.

Ed

Debi Wilson 

I know what you mean, Jilly. Showering can be scary and it sounds like you have a great landlord !

You have a great showering system Daniel,  and it seems that your dad has an awesome family !

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account