Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed Tobias
      Keymaster

I’ve used Provigil (modafinil) to treat my fatigue for years but I don’t think it still helps. What’s been your experience?

There Is No Magic Pill for MS Fatigue

John Connor
      Keymaster

Interesting article/results.

However as perhaps with everything else with MS it’s difficult to apply any test in this area!  For a start the tests are subjective! And our fatigue itself is subjective! Yes the majority of us seem too feel it. I most certainly bloody well did and when I was still ambulant it was my biggest disability.

Still subjective tests on a subjective area has the whiff of the rabbit hole! Perhaps I can reach back to symbolic logic and wonder if we’re in the world of the petitio?  The conclusion has been assumed in the premises!

I to use Modafinil & never found it helpful in dealing with physical fatigue! However it cut thru what is usually called MS fog – instead of stumbling about in a hazy Holmesian palace of the mind it cut right thru it – it still does! I remember struggling to do a very complex work thang that I was now drowning in – it had never been easy but MS was defeating me. Suddenly I could do it again!

Of course Covid has destroyed that job but the Modafinil still offers me clarity.

Still, I can only subjectively prove it!

How about I open with an  ‘Off with their heads’ Queens’s Gambit?

Chris Lyons
      Participant

I used modafinil once. Caused excessive activity which was too much for me and everyone else who interacted with me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account