Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Treating MS MS Medications Do medications help your fatigue?

• John Connor

Administrator
    December 10, 2020 at 11:29 am

Interesting article/results.

However as perhaps with everything else with MS it’s difficult to apply any test in this area!  For a start the tests are subjective! And our fatigue itself is subjective! Yes the majority of us seem too feel it. I most certainly bloody well did and when I was still ambulant it was my biggest disability.

Still subjective tests on a subjective area has the whiff of the rabbit hole! Perhaps I can reach back to symbolic logic and wonder if we’re in the world of the petitio?  The conclusion has been assumed in the premises!

I to use Modafinil & never found it helpful in dealing with physical fatigue! However it cut thru what is usually called MS fog – instead of stumbling about in a hazy Holmesian palace of the mind it cut right thru it – it still does! I remember struggling to do a very complex work thang that I was now drowning in – it had never been easy but MS was defeating me. Suddenly I could do it again!

Of course Covid has destroyed that job but the Modafinil still offers me clarity.

Still, I can only subjectively prove it!

How about I open with an  ‘Off with their heads’ Queens’s Gambit?

• Chris Lyons

December 15, 2020 at 10:32 am

I used modafinil once. Caused excessive activity which was too much for me and everyone else who interacted with me.