Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Do you have a sedentary lifestyle due to MS?

• Do you have a sedentary lifestyle due to MS?

Posted by debi-wilson on February 6, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Do you have a sedentary lifestyle due to MS? My column next week will be on the serious effects of a sedentary lifestyle. Even just short intervals of activity throughout the day can help  combat the negative effects of inactivity.

debi-wilson replied 5 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • jacqueline

February 7, 2019 at 9:34 am

Some days all I think I do is exercise from one end of my home to the other for several bladder emptying’s…I think this comes under the heading of ” sedentary ” the other sedentary thing I do is sit at a computer for hours on end, or move into the living room to watch some TV if anything is worth watching at the time…

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 7, 2019 at 6:15 pm

lol, I had to google ‘sedentary’

YES.  I sit a whole lot, and my butt gets sore and my legs get restless.  My left leg is so weak from the PPMS,  I really don’t have much of a choice.  But also, I suppose my choice is to just sit and not do much exercise.  When I was a working girl my jobs gave me exercise.  I was never into exercise because I have been skinny my whole life until now.  My biggest hurdle (no pun intended) is I simply have no desire to exercise let alone go out.  So that’s a mental issue I have not be able to overcome.  I wish I would feel better about myself but I don’t.  It sucks to be ill.  I can’t wait till its all over, sooner the better to be honest.

• jacqueline

February 8, 2019 at 10:11 am

Jilly

..as long as our brains keep functioning we still have a use, to ourselves and society…even if our bodies dont function…so dont give up on life just yet. So stay strong and rise above everyone else, we are better than a lot of able bodied people, and dont you ever forget that…Keep on fighting girl, fight for survival, we are worth it.

Jackie..

• debi-wilson

February 8, 2019 at 11:32 am

Jilly,  Lol at “had to google  sedentary.”   It is an under used word! I hope you are feeling better today!  I know it is terrible to have MS, but we can’t give up. Jackie, offered  good advice, we keep going!

We never know what tomorrow will bring,  it may be something amazing ! ?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 9, 2019 at 2:59 pm

Thanks Jackie and Debi,  I was feeling a bit low for a couple of days and I always type the truth whether up or down, sedentary or standing lol.  Not sure if those two words are opposite.  I don’t want you guys to worry, I am ok.  Something amazing tomorrow will be nice.  That could be anytime in the future.

Jackie, your so very right, we are better than we think we are, I have said that to many people through out my life.  thanks for reminding me.

• debi-wilson

February 9, 2019 at 4:26 pm

Hugs to you,  Jilly! ?