Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Do you experience numbness due to MS? Where does it happen?

• Do you experience numbness due to MS? Where does it happen?

Posted by Debi Wilson on August 5, 2018 at 1:16 pm

It can be common with MS to experience some numbness. Legs, hands or feet are typical areas that can be affected. Sometimes, people can also experience even larger areas of numbness.

What about you, is numbness an issue for you? If so where does it occur and how often?

Jacqueline replied 5 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Jacqueline

August 6, 2018 at 1:24 am

I have it in my right hand, left hand is normal…I have always described the feeling as my hand is like a dried shrivelled up leaf..with a mild pins ad needles feel to it, (not painful, ) and at times this feeling builds up that I have to give up on using the computer mouse, as I cant manage to use it, but it usually rectify s itself eventually back to what I consider my daily norm…

• Debi Wilson

August 7, 2018 at 8:45 am

That is a good description of numbness,Jackie. It’s an awful feeling! Does the numbness last long long or does it come and go? Is there anything you do to make it feel better?

• Jacqueline

August 7, 2018 at 11:43 am

Debi, it is always there, every single day….It is only in the right hand…left hand is normal…Strange word that…NORMAL…as there is nothing normal about anything connected to our MS illness…

• Debi Wilson

August 8, 2018 at 3:39 pm

I agree, Jackie!

• Dennis

August 8, 2018 at 7:50 pm

I sure do, in both feet. It started out on just the right foot but over the years has migrated to include both. I describe the feeling as to what it was like playing outside in the snow during winter as a kid with my feet getting wet and cold. This numbness is constant 24/7.

• Debi Wilson

August 8, 2018 at 9:31 pm

Hi Dennis, I’m sorry you have the numbness  24/7!  Your description gives us insight into what you are dealing with. Thanks for sharing with us!

• Jacqueline

August 9, 2018 at 1:15 am

Dennis…

…both sets of my toes are every day very red, painful and a cross between ice cold frozen, and burning sensations, at times they drive me crazy as I keep moving them around, kicking my mule slippers off, bending my toes, putting my slippers back on hoping for some relief…I have lived with this constantly since just BEFORE …MS diagnoses three years ago…of which at that time my local GP diagnosed it as Raynauds Phenomenon, I have now looked this up and I realise since my MS diagnoses that he got this wrong, it is called…Erythromelagia…