• Electricity Shocks…

Posted by jacqueline on March 29, 2019 at 6:12 am

Well once again my inside top, right leg thigh- groin area has come alive, as I call it, electrical pulses – currents. Of courseĀ  we dont get any warnings. Some mild some stronger, there is no pattern to them at all. We could be sitting minding our own business or taking a step carrying something like a freshly made piping hot cup of tea-coffee, or carrying our plate of dinner, it will take us by surprise, with no warnings whatsoever.These we cannot control. And to make matters worse, no one else will see them, they are hidden out of sight, all people will see-hear is us calling out as and when one takes hold. This happened to me yesterday when picking up my new prescription reading glasses from my opticians. Of course I found myself explaining when they noticed me pausing and hearing me giving out one of my hollers as I was being seated into a chair at their desk. As if I dont suffer enough with my right inside thigh daily, it now has to come alive, again. Of course give it a few more days it will calm itself, but I am fully aware it is hiding just waiting for its moment to start all over again. As to what triggers it off, I wish I had the answer, well nothing of course.

Jackie.

jacqueline replied 5 years ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • jacqueline

March 29, 2019 at 6:23 am

Oh yes, and they first started to show themselves just over a week ago, they chose my birthday of course. So much for a birthday present, I bet they thought, hey, what shall we give her, I know, lets give her electrical activity.

• debi-wilson

March 29, 2019 at 9:50 am

Sorry Jackie, that sounds so painful! How long do the electric shocks last? Does your Thigh always have pain then randomly has the electric shock?

• jacqueline

March 30, 2019 at 6:20 am

Yes another day, still having these electric shocks, although during the day, never whilst in bed, thank the Lord…I am sure they are just testing me that I am still alive…

• jacqueline

March 30, 2019 at 7:06 am

Meant to have added, these electric shocks come at the place where I was previously also diagnosed with Meralgia Paresthetica, although I know ( my own gut feeling ) that this was-is an incorrect diagnoses. I am also getting a mild shock as I walk and pressure is placed on my leg, when it feels like the bone is rolling over a bone.

• jacqueline

April 1, 2019 at 7:43 am

Still having them and we are soon to be going out to our afternoon church board games social…of course now its mid day they are at their strongest, a cross between the top – front of thigh muscle contraction and electric shock with no warnings of strength. Oh well, guess our handful of games companions are going to hear some unusual hollers from me.