Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      John Connor
      Keymaster

Woo-hoo.

There is no effective treatment for SPMS available. Having just joined this merry throng at least this is something trialing in human beings. As opposed to  something that works on mice that never makes it to us.

Any SPMS advice for a newbie?

CG
      Participant

I’m new on posting….I’ve had MS for 20 years, this seems exciting but far from reality for most.  I am a retired Physician Assistant, but still keeps up with the literature. I have cervical cord lesions and deal with 24/7 neuropathic pain and autonomic dysfunction.  This affects temperature fluctuations , GI , Urinary,but most awful pain affecting both feet.  Have not walked in over a year.  Sunlight hitting my feet brings on terrible swelling and redness.I can’t stand by fridge too cold.  A makeup mirror makes me too hot.   Does anyone else have this?

Ed Tobias
      Keymaster

Hi CG,

For someone new to posting you’ve done it quite well.

I’m sorry about all of your problems, especially the pain. Are you using any medications to try to handle your symptoms? Are you using any DMTs to try to try to reduce our lesions? What about exercise or P.T.?

I guess after twenty years you’ve probably tried them all but I gotta ask. :-).

Ed

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account