Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Having a Fall – But in a Wheelchair?

Tagged: , ,

• shorty

June 8, 2021 at 10:09 pm

Some people will do anything to get attention. You young people these days. I don’t know how you live with yourself John, disgraceful!

I am still able to walk, with the aid of a Hip Flexion Assist Device, although staggering around like a drunken orangutan, frightening people, would be a better description for it. I do fall over a couple of times per week on average but rarely hurt myself badly. One exception was when, at a wake for a mate of mine in the beer garden of a pub, I was making a wobbly landing approach to a chair and a young lady of questionable sobriety grabbed me to assist which resulted in me making a crash landing on the cobble stones and fracturing my elbow. There was a crowd of a couple of hundred people there and there is nothing like making a fool of yourself in front of a good sized audience, even if I can’t claim all the credit for the performance. As a result I am very wary of people grabbing hold of me to help stabilize me or help me up.

I am trialing wheel chairs at the moment so no crashes from that as yet. Watch this space.