Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      John Connor
      Keymaster

This week’s column recounts last week’s major mishap.

A few readers have already written in to say the same thing has  happened to them.

Wheelies out there – what about you?

shorty
      Participant

Some people will do anything to get attention. You young people these days. I don’t know how you live with yourself John, disgraceful!

I am still able to walk, with the aid of a Hip Flexion Assist Device, although staggering around like a drunken orangutan, frightening people, would be a better description for it. I do fall over a couple of times per week on average but rarely hurt myself badly. One exception was when, at a wake for a mate of mine in the beer garden of a pub, I was making a wobbly landing approach to a chair and a young lady of questionable sobriety grabbed me to assist which resulted in me making a crash landing on the cobble stones and fracturing my elbow. There was a crowd of a couple of hundred people there and there is nothing like making a fool of yourself in front of a good sized audience, even if I can’t claim all the credit for the performance. As a result I am very wary of people grabbing hold of me to help stabilize me or help me up.

I am trialing wheel chairs at the moment so no crashes from that as yet. Watch this space.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Verify you are not a robot