Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS How do you reduce stress in your life?

• How do you reduce stress in your life?

Posted by debi-wilson on March 8, 2019 at 3:17 pm

Stress can make MS symptoms even worse.  Do you have any tips for curbing stress in your life?  Are you able to identify your stressors and be proactive against them?

debi-wilson replied 5 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 21 Replies
  • 21 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 10, 2019 at 6:38 am

I suffer situational depression, which means my circumstances aren’t good.  My doctor has me on all sorts of medication to help keep my mind and emotions level.  I get nothing for my PPMS, what a joke it all is. (shakes head) lol.  But I will say this.  I am lucky to be in this country, we do get taken care of, it’s just sad we don’t get medicine for this illness.  Sometimes I forget how well my country supports me.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 10, 2019 at 10:33 am

lol, getting up in the morning stresses me out.  As soon as I poke my head out my roomate ambushes me with what ever is in his mind…yerp, every morning…and it goes on all day.  I am tense alot and I can’t escape.

• jacqueline

March 10, 2019 at 11:57 am

Oh yes, antidepressant tablets were all I got offered, of course I declined them all, I dont want to be pumped daily with ” happy pills “

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 11, 2019 at 10:05 pm

Jackie lol.  I can’t get enough happy pills.  They really aren’t that great.  Seriously though, it’s almost a crime to be happy I can tell you.

• jacqueline

March 12, 2019 at 2:42 am

My theory is MS is messing with my body, so I dont want to add pill popping to it as well, as heaven knows what damage all these foreign body objects could be doing to my insides..Many have their side effects that another pill-popping drug will rectify, and so the roller coaster pattern goes.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      March 12, 2019 at 4:56 pm

lol side effects, life gives me side effects.

• debi-wilson

March 12, 2019 at 10:34 am

I agree Jackie, I am not a fan of meds either. But, everyone’s situation is different. I would take the meds if I needed too. It seems like they help you Jilly, “Happy pills” lol. I’m glad they help!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 12, 2019 at 4:41 pm

They sure do help me, I am suicidial without them.  And that thought is still never far from my mind, so if I go missing you know why.  I wish we could talk about that here, but I am afraid it might upset people, but it’s a big deal everywhere.  People that kill themselves are upset and see no future.  I am one of them.

• debi-wilson

March 12, 2019 at 5:03 pm

Hugs to you, Jilly.

Im glad those pills help you so much. You are welcome to start that topic if you wish.

• jacqueline

March 13, 2019 at 2:26 am

Jilly, yes I am too, quoting Debi: ” Im glad those pills help you so much. ” Apologies if I am making this topic of pill popping one sided, they are their to do a job.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 13, 2019 at 6:05 am

smiling, it’s fine Jackie, I understand everyone has a different take on most things.  I wish I didn’t need them, but I have been beaten up by life and it has taken a toll on me.  I said to my roomate today that I am too good for this world, not tough enough.

Thanks Deb, I might just mention things from time to time if that’s ok.  I’m so glad to be here.

• jacqueline

March 13, 2019 at 7:14 am

I have heard that before, often quoted by my family, all deceased now, ” that I am too good for this world. ” Does that mean the next world ( Gods Heaven ) wont let us in? lol

• debi-wilson

March 13, 2019 at 10:00 am

Yes Jilly, I hope you feel free talk about what you want here.

Jackie, I hope I get in! Lol

• jacqueline

March 13, 2019 at 1:47 pm

Debi, If I get in first, I will save a place for you, lol.

• debi-wilson

March 13, 2019 at 5:29 pm

Thank-you, Jackie! Lol

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 13, 2019 at 11:16 pm

I’d like to be on cloud 9.

• debi-wilson

March 14, 2019 at 10:22 am

We will all meet at cloud 9! lol

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 14, 2019 at 6:23 pm

Perfect, it’s a date then on cloud 9, just wave with two hands and I’ll know it’s you lol.

• debi-wilson

March 14, 2019 at 6:37 pm

lol! Jilly

• jacqueline

March 15, 2019 at 2:45 am

Ha ha, I would rather go there than on ” cloud cuckoo land.”

Cloud 9, here we come, make way for the three of us.

• debi-wilson

March 15, 2019 at 10:13 am

Lol! Jackie