• I am NOT drunk…

Posted by Jacqueline on April 26, 2021 at 2:18 am

Why do people when we are out and about, when we get off our mobility scooters and attempt to walk inside a shop ( charity shop to donate unwanted items ) clinging onto any moving handrails we see, or anything to grip hold of en-route, to steady ourselves assume that we are drunk, you would ever believe the looks i get..nor no one ever comes to my help, not even the cashiers even though i often phone up before hand explaining i will be there at such and such a time and to please look out for me…no they just watch me scuffling towards them…

Jackie..

ed-tobias replied 2 years, 12 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ed-tobias

April 26, 2021 at 3:53 pm

That’s an interesting problem.

People go both ways with me. Mostly, folks ask if they can help me with things. That happens frequently when I’m lifting my little scooter out of the back of my SUV. As to clinging to handrails and bouncing from wall-to-walls…I use a pair of canes when I leave my scooter. So, it’s obvious that I have a disability and I’m not drunk. It’s not unusual for someone to let me cut ahead in a line. BTW, I’m Not Drunk, I Have MSĀ is the name of a book that I wrote last winter!

Ed