Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS MS has become another job!

• MS has become another job!

Posted by John Connor on May 30, 2018 at 9:06 am

Dealing with being disabled is tough enough but what I’ve really learnt is that my MS has become another bleeding job!

Debi Wilson replied 5 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ed-tobias

May 30, 2018 at 10:05 am

Hey John,

I’ve never thought of my MS as a job. (I enjoyed my job, actually). My MS is certainly an inconvenience, and it can be awfully frustrating sometimes, but mostly I just look at it as part of my life. It’s who I am. I’ve never really gotten mad or upset about it. It’s just me.

Ed

• Jacqueline

May 30, 2018 at 11:06 am

A warm welcome John…

If this is another ” job ” this is not a ” job ” that I chose but a ” job ” that chose me…and although it did, not one I like but, the same as Ed states…this is part of my now life, whether I like it or not, and I dont….yet it has not changed me, I still look and sound the same, just that my views on life has now changed…I will never ever take anything in life for granted…definitely not my body parts, nor my bodily functions…just feel blessed of what I do still have left…Thankfully, I still have the capability to remember – think – think straight, and hoping that I still keep my ability to act sensibly on it…and not forgetting, still being in control…

• Debi Wilson

May 30, 2018 at 2:30 pm

Welcome to forums John,  I understand  and agree with what you all are saying!  It is a part of us that we need to accept.  And.  yet,  it is like a job because it takes so much work!:)