Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Syracuse’s High Multiple Sclerosis Rate

• Carole Ginther

November 12, 2019 at 1:02 pm

I lived in Baldwinsville from 1980-1994.  Experienced  my first MS symptoms in 1983 at age 32 but no Dx until May of 2000 while living in Seattle.  My first 12 years of life where in Indiana, also a hotbed for MS.  My home in B’ville required Radon mitigation. I have always wondered about that.

• J Howell

February 19, 2020 at 3:54 pm

I dunno, but for years I wondered why the small town I went to high school in had such a high rate of MS cases among people just slightly (3-5 years) younger than me, my brother included…and then I was diagnosed.

I always thought it was strange that one of the big 3 employers in town was the originator of aerosols, and their one remaining big seller (though you can’t buy it in the US!) was a neurotoxin bug spray used mostly by airlines in third world countries, and an awful lot of people in the town were suffering from neuro disorders. That company’s main building suffered an explosion and burned to the ground a couple of years ago. Things that make you go hmmmmmm…