• Mary

April 10, 2018 at 1:23 pm

Really can walk very little, with support.  Mainly in my power wheelchair.  But-I do sometimes walk my St Bernard while in my scooter.  Started with my trainer (animal behaviorist 🙂 ) then can do myself, just have to avoid the untrained unleashed little dogs in the neighborhood.

• ed-tobias

April 10, 2018 at 2:23 pm

Hi Mary,

Nice pick of you with your Saint. I have the same problem when we encounter some dogs, but I can never tell which will be a problem and which won’t. But holding onto a Cocker is a lot easier than holding onto a Saint!

Thanks for commenting,

Ed

• Mary

July 25, 2019 at 5:25 pm

I do not use my power wheelchair to walk my dog.  I have a power scooter 4 wheel Golden Companion.  With 4 wheels and a wider wheel base it is more stable when walking my big dog and will not tip over.  Just feel safer.  Something to consider if you want to walk your dog.

• ed-tobias

April 10, 2018 at 2:23 pm

Hi Mary,

Nice pick of you with your Saint. I have the same problem when we encounter some dogs, but I can never tell which will be a problem and which won’t. But holding onto a Cocker is a lot easier than holding onto a Saint!

Thanks for commenting,

Ed

• Jonathan White

April 13, 2018 at 10:02 am

ok, just bought a Kymco Agility in the hope that I can walk our new puppy as Foot drop and balance now make walking impossible.

Good to hear other people use scooters for dog walking

• ed-tobias

April 13, 2018 at 11:37 am

Thanks for chiming in, Jonathan. I also use my smaller, lighter TravelScoot to walk Joey but it’s much easier with my Go-Go. He enjoys the walks and I can move fast enough to let him get up to a nice “trot.” Please let us know how you and your pup like dog-scooting.

• Jacqueline

May 2, 2018 at 6:54 am

Before PPMS ( 3 years ago ) I was walking two or three dogs without a care in the world that one day my ” normal ” walking would come to an end…Sadly we have one now senior aged dog left but whilst I am still pushing myself to remain on my set of feet and legs ( time is running out ) I am not able to do even the odd short walk, well maybe on a good day but I have to remember that wherever I walk to I must get myself back home and indoors, which is easier said than done…And to make matters worse, where we are now living is on a downward slope…that said with the help of my ” trusted ” rollator, and its brakes, I find it easier getting back up than it is getting down…My three dogs that have now departed were my life…our last loss was just 17 months ago..

Jackie…