Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS What activity do you do that challenges your mind?

Tagged: ,

• What activity do you do that challenges your mind?

Posted by Debi Wilson on February 17, 2019 at 12:58 pm

Board games are fun and help to keep our minds active and clear. Also, puzzles can be another entertaining and mind challenging activity. Do you play board games or work puzzles? What is your favorite mind activity to do ?

Debi Wilson replied 5 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Jacqueline

February 17, 2019 at 7:18 pm

I play our computer screens card games often, I am sure these help to keep my bran and mind active, games such as Solitaire. I will also sit down with the person I live with and we will get the Scrabble Board out, well the Scrabble board I bought was a very expensive leather board on a turntable so we cant let that go to rust but, it is a rare event, not an every day occurrence as the game usually takes us a good three hours or so to complete and he will only play when he has nothing else to do. Our scrabble really does get the old brain box ticking, although if you have a bad day the brain can also go dead on you, just jesting…I enjoy the competition as he who I play with is very competitive, and the fun is when I do beat him.

Jackie

• Debi Wilson

February 17, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Sounds like those are all fun and challenging.

Have you ever played Bananagrams?  It’s similar to scramble and it’s a lot of fun!

• Jacqueline

February 18, 2019 at 11:30 am

Debi, no, not familiar with that game but I do have a half dozen game choices on my screen, such as, Microsofts Klondike – TriPeaks – Pyramid – FreeCell and Spider, so if I get bored I move onto another. I could always look online for Sudoku but I find those more frustrating. To be honest I spend far too much time on the computer than I should, I know I should get out there in the open, and go see that big wide world that is passing me by, oh how I wish.

• Debi Wilson

February 18, 2019 at 11:47 am

I understand, I need to get outside more as well. It is easier to stay in, that’s for sure. But, I feel like you do, that life is passing me by.

• Paula Webb

February 19, 2019 at 9:30 am

My activity when my eyes work is painting on canvas or wood. Kind of takes me away to another world. Relaxing.

• Debi Wilson

February 19, 2019 at 10:05 am

Sounds like a great hobby, Paula!

• Carla Epps

February 26, 2019 at 3:38 am

Bananagrams is my favorite!!!! I also like headbandz which I play frequently with my children.

• Debi Wilson

February 26, 2019 at 9:32 am

It’s my favorite too Carla!!  Headbandz is fun with my Grandkids, also we like Battleship and uno.