Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS What do you use to help with your MS pain?

Tagged: , ,

• What do you use to help with your MS pain?

Posted by Debi Wilson on April 8, 2019 at 11:45 am

Whether, it is a prescription, cannabis or something else, what do you use to help with your MS pain? Does it completely manage the pain?

Debi Wilson replied 5 years ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jacqueline

April 8, 2019 at 12:24 pm

I have only done mind over matter the once, and that was when in isolationist ward with myself and my then new baby who contracted conjunctivitis…I had a hot-cold fluctuating low-high temperature and used mind over matter to get myself cold, after I was wringing out sweat, and fall back to sleep.

• Debi Wilson

April 8, 2019 at 12:31 pm

That is amazing, Jackie! That shows just how powerful the mind can be!

• Jacqueline

April 8, 2019 at 4:20 pm

Debi, yes, I was in a tiny box room of an isolation ward, mid summer, no window to open, just a tiny jar to open from the bottom, I was trying to get what air I could, even the door was closed and I wasn’t allowed to venture out into the corridor. I just remember laying dead still on top of the bed, with the box rooms walls closing in on me, closing my eyes as I was saying over and over again, ” I am getting colder, I am getting colder, and do you believe, it actually did work, I could sense my body cooling.

I have never even thought about this since, to give it a try for our pain relief, or for anything else our MS throws out at us, but it is a subject I would interested in delving a little further into. Yes I do believe, and think it is possible, we can power ourselves into believing our pain will go away if we focus our mind on it…

• Debi Wilson

April 8, 2019 at 4:25 pm

It sounds like you were in an awful place, a hospital?

I agree it is worth a try for pain,  I have tried to forget about the pain and hope it all goes away sometimes but it doesn’t.