Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS What does your body feel like when you’re having a good MS moment ?

Tagged: ,

• What does your body feel like when you’re having a good MS moment ?

Posted by debi-wilson on April 5, 2019 at 11:41 am

MS symptoms can have times when they ease up, allowing a little more energy , clarity and less pain. What does it feel like for you when that happens?  Does it happen very often?

debi-wilson replied 4 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jacqueline

April 5, 2019 at 2:30 pm

If I have any good moments that bring back the closest feelings of how my body once felt when normal, this would happen late at night and just before I am ready for bed, and of course when this ” normal ” feeling has no use to me. I have often found myself walking and gathering up speed walking backwards and forwards from one end of my home to the other with the biggest grin on my face, as if to say, hey look at me I feel almost back to normal whilst making the most of this feeling before I hit my bed. For the last three or four years I had forgotten what this feeling feels like, well this is the closest I ever get to feeling as I once did, of course it is short lived, and once up and about in the morning, my MS body reverts back to my normal MS body, and we start all over gain.

On the late evenings this happens you will catch me praying to God or whoever is listening to please let me still be like this in the morning when I wake up, but it never ever is. If only it was something that would just fizzle out as quickly as it came.

• debi-wilson

April 5, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Thank-you for sharing that Jackie. I’m sorry your “moments” are only right before bed.  That must be really frustrating !

Mine can come and go throughout the day, but they don’t last very long. But, when I feel almost normal it is incredible. I can walk a little faster (with my walker of course), and my legs feel more stable.