Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Mobility Aids What’s your exprience with the Bioness L300 Go?

• Pik

August 21, 2020 at 7:20 pm

Costly unit. I tried Walk Aid in 2014. It worked but it was painful. After hour had to take it off. $400 to trial for 13 weeks. After 2 weeks i was done. I feel if i try it, end up throwing it in the closet. Hava question.  How is Lemtrada working for you? Is it once per year infusion? Does it last or fade off after time? Side effects? Thnx.

• ed-tobias

August 22, 2020 at 8:17 am

Pik:

It is, indeed, costly. So the investment may not be for everyone, even if the person can afford it. I tried the Walk Aid before the Bioness and I didn’t feel that it worked as well for me.

I’ve done pretty well with Lemtrada and I’m glad that I was treated with it. The standard course of treatment is two rounds. The first is five infusions over five days in a row. The second round is three infusions over three consecutive days. There can be side-effects. The most serious for me was severe fatigue, but I also developed a strep infection shortly after my first round. It was cleared quickly with an antibiotic.

I’ve written several columns about my Lemtrada treatments. Here’s a link to the most recent one. There’s a link in that column to an earlier one and you can also search on this website for “My Lemtrada Journey” to read many others.

Ed