Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Treating MS Alternative Treatments CBD and Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need to Know

Tagged: 

• LuAnn Sullivan

February 13, 2020 at 10:35 pm

I tried CBD oral drops for pain management. I did not feel that I had any benefit after taking CBD.

• ed-tobias

February 14, 2020 at 7:49 am

LuAnn,

How much did you use and how long did you try the CBD before you gave up?

Ed

• John Connor

Administrator
    February 14, 2020 at 2:25 pm

Hi LuAnn

I’ve come to the conclusion that CBD is mostly hype.

Indeed have started a one person campaign on here to emphasis this.

THC [the fun part of marijuana] does lesson pain. It also eases symptoms – certainly with me.

There is no scientific evidence for CBD [as far as I’m aware]. It is also ferociously expensive.

Cheers John

• Ian

February 15, 2020 at 11:02 am

One of my MS symptoms is unintended emotion ( also called PBA in the US), which causes me to burst into laughter for no reason. Not cool if you work in an open plan office.

I wasn’t offered any treatment for it.

After consulting my MS nurse, that it was safe and wouldn’t interfere with my meds (Gilenya), I started taking CBD oil soft gels 3 x per day. My MS nurse was dismissive, saying it wouldn’t work.

After about a year and a half, both  my neuro and MS nurse noticed a big improvement and wanted to know what I was taking. They were amazed when I told them CBD oil from Amazon.

There was no ‘Big Bang ‘ moment when it suddenly worked, just a gradual improvement that I hadn’t noticed, but others who hadn’t seen me for a while did notice the change.

CBD might not work for everyone, but it certainly worked for me.

• Debbie Taibi

February 16, 2020 at 8:19 am

That is great , I tried CBD oil & it relaxed me & i slept for more than 3 hrs at a time

• Adam Jensen

November 24, 2020 at 10:37 am

I’ve tried CBD and I mean it doesn’t always help. If it’s gummy bears or chocolate, it’s probably just marketing. The oil that I once bought from https://wayofleaf.com/ helps me, I still use it and my sleep is calm. So treat this wisely.

• ed-tobias

November 30, 2020 at 2:11 pm

Adam,

You experience is similar mine. I’ve tried sublingual and topical CBD and neither seemed to be worth the expense. A CBD/THC combo did help ease my spasticity but it made me feel like I was back in college in the late 60s and was too expensive to use regularly.

Ed

• Rochelle

October 3, 2021 at 4:43 pm

I don’t suffer from spasticity, but I’ve tried CBD and THC infused products . I wasn’t someone who used cannabis products before this and didn’t feel a difference after trying the infused products at all. I’m curious to see what other studies come out about this.

-Rochelle, MS Patient