Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Have you experienced weight gain or loss since your MS diagnosis?

• ann-m

April 23, 2019 at 6:31 pm

Hi, I purposely started Nutrisystem, because I knew I was gaining weight not being that active and all, lost 30lbs! Then gained 1/2 back :(, so I am starting it again. Not giving up on me!

• debi-wilson

April 23, 2019 at 6:38 pm

Good for you Ann! Not giving up is what we have to do. Do you think your weight gain was from MS or an MS treatment?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 23, 2019 at 6:43 pm

Hi Ann M.

I have been skinny all my life, my work always burnt off everything, running lean I was. Now I sit around not burning anything off, so yes I have gained weight, but then so did my mother at the same age, mom was very thin when she was young like me.

I never thought in a million years I would call myself fat lol. for the most part I am ok with the extra weight but don’t look as good naked now lol.

• debi-wilson

April 23, 2019 at 6:59 pm

I know Jilly, it’s so difficult to maintain or lose weight being so inactive! I try to push myself but, I get to tired!

• jacqueline

April 28, 2019 at 1:17 pm

Trust me, I have just lost my partner of 19 years, 17 days ago, ( he died at home unexpectedly in his armchair after coming home from taking our dog to the pet groomers, ) and so far I have lost 15 lbs of weight, ( 1 st -1 lb, and I have primary progressive MS. Trust me, lose someone close to you, your weight will automatically just fly off.

Jackie

• debi-wilson

April 29, 2019 at 10:21 am

Hi Jackie,
    It’s good to see you here. I’m sorry for all you have been through. I hope you are taking care of yourself.