• Author
      Marceletrido
      Participant

Nice to be a part of this community!

John Connor
      Keymaster

Hi Marceletrido

I’m this sites other moderator.

What a great name – am  presuming it’s your christian name. Had to really concentrate to spell it right! Hope I did!

A while back wrote a column ‘An Open Letter to a Newly Diagnosed Patient’ based on correspondence in the Newly Diagnosed forum. There might be something in all of this relevant to you.

Great that you’re posting already.

Best John

Susan Erian
      Participant

Hello, I am new to this site too, and completely new new to forums. I hope i am in the correct place to ask this question.

I wanted to ask a question about an MS symptom that i have, and i have not come across anyone else who suffers with it – it is called Allodynia or skin pain and i find it a really horrible very painful symptom. My neurologist tells me there is no effective treatment for this pain. I wondered if anyone else has experienced this symptom? And what if anything you have found effective at reducing the pain? Thank you for any comments.

Ed Tobias
      Keymaster

Susan,

Allodynia is a new one on me. I haven’t heard of it in the 40 years that I’ve lived with MS. However, I have read comments on other sites from people who complain about serious skin pain. But I searched the main Multiple Sclerosis News Today website and found two articles that talk about it. One is a column and one is a report about a study. I hope they help.

Ed

My Experience with MS Nerve Pain and Its Associated Sensations

Sativex Relieves Pain in MS Patients, Italian Study Confirms

Susan Erian
      Participant

Hi Ed,

Thank you very much for responding to my question, and thank you soo much for telling me about the articles which i intend to read now even though it is late – i am most interested to see what they have to say – i can’t thank you enough. Much appreciated.

Susan

Ed Tobias
      Keymaster

I hope the info is useful, Susan. If nothing else, it’ll give you some information to shre with the neuro who thinks that nothing can be done.

Ed

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account