• John Connor

Administrator
    January 14, 2020 at 10:29 am

Hi Marceletrido

I’m this sites other moderator.

What a great name – am  presuming it’s your christian name. Had to really concentrate to spell it right! Hope I did!

A while back wrote a column ‘An Open Letter to a Newly Diagnosed Patient’ based on correspondence in the Newly Diagnosed forum. There might be something in all of this relevant to you.

Great that you’re posting already.

Best John

• Susan Erian

February 7, 2020 at 4:15 am

Hello, I am new to this site too, and completely new new to forums. I hope i am in the correct place to ask this question.

I wanted to ask a question about an MS symptom that i have, and i have not come across anyone else who suffers with it – it is called Allodynia or skin pain and i find it a really horrible very painful symptom. My neurologist tells me there is no effective treatment for this pain. I wondered if anyone else has experienced this symptom? And what if anything you have found effective at reducing the pain? Thank you for any comments.

• ed-tobias

February 7, 2020 at 8:31 am

Susan,

Allodynia is a new one on me. I haven’t heard of it in the 40 years that I’ve lived with MS. However, I have read comments on other sites from people who complain about serious skin pain. But I searched the main Multiple Sclerosis News Today website and found two articles that talk about it. One is a column and one is a report about a study. I hope they help.

Ed

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com/2019/02/25/ms-nerve-pain-sensations/

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com/2018/06/29/sativex-relieves-pain-multiple-sclerosis-italian-study/

• Susan Erian

February 7, 2020 at 4:40 pm

Hi Ed,

Thank you very much for responding to my question, and thank you soo much for telling me about the articles which i intend to read now even though it is late – i am most interested to see what they have to say – i can’t thank you enough. Much appreciated.

Susan

• ed-tobias

February 11, 2020 at 8:23 am

I hope the info is useful, Susan. If nothing else, it’ll give you some information to shre with the neuro who thinks that nothing can be done.

Ed

• Collette Randall

November 28, 2020 at 1:15 pm

Hi Marceletrido, nice to meet you! Have a great experience on this forum. Good luck!