Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Debi Wilson

If incontinence is an issue for you, what seems to help you deal with that inconvenience?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes it was, but I now take Oxybutynin, which takes the urgency away, it’s really really good and works for both areas, which was a nice surprise.  So happy they work so well, what a relief.

Debi Wilson

I’m glad you found something that works Jilly!

Jacqueline
      Participant

Oh yes, I often dont fully empty so can be backwards and forwards to the loos. I now use TENA pads daily, both inside and outside the home.

Joan Bondira
      Participant

I’m so glad this has come up! I really, really wanted to talk about this with someone who would understand. I’ve been dealing with this for several years and have gone through multiple medications that worked at first, and then didn’t. I finally found that I’d pretty much been through them all, and was shocked to find, when copays kicked in for the new year, that I had a copay of $300+ for a 90 day Rx of Enablex, my current medication that doesn’t work–having to wear pads anyway.

Time to try another solution! So now I’m a week into my first Botox treatment, and it’s already amazing. Not just that I have complete control back, but that I don’t have to hurry to the bathroom at least once an hour at work. I can finally concentrate, and you know, get work done! And I have been going around with no pads since Saturday with zero accidents.

I’m wondering if anyone else has had this treatment and wants to compare notes, or is curious about it. I’d be happy to answer any questions and to update on how it’s going.  (Or not…see what I did there?)

Debi Wilson

That’s great Joan! How often will you need the treatment and how long do they say each treatment lasts?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Botox! Where?.  I’d like botox to get rid of my frown line.

Joan Bondira
      Participant

Debi, most people need to get retreated about every six months. That’s not so bad, hunh? And the experience wasn’t that bad, either. I’ll describe it if anyone wants to know, but otherwise will leave it to your imagination.

LOL, Jiljeen. Unfortunately, it doesn’t help with frown lines.  Would it help to know that I’ve been smiling a lot more since I don’t have to worry about accidents and don’t have a scratchy pad riding up my butt? Seems like a good deal to me!

Jacqueline
      Participant

If there is not a loo where I am going, I dont nor cant go there…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Joan, I think I know where.  But botox does get rid of frowns which is on my face lol, I just wish they would come to my home but they don’t do that.

Jackie, have you asked you doctor about Oxybutynin it’s helped me heaps.  It’s just a little pill I break in half but have asked my doctor for another half for over night.

Cyndi B
      Participant

Joan, I hope you will continue to post on your experience with botox for bladder control.  I’m very interested in and hopeful to learn that your initial experience is long lasting (i.e. even 3 months would be great).  Was the procedure performed by a urologist?  In office, hospital or clinic?  How long did it take?  Were there any, and if so, what type of, test/exams were required in advance?  Thanks — so glad to here your initial treatment was beneficial so quickly.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account