Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Is incontinence an issue for you?

• Is incontinence an issue for you?

Posted by Debi Wilson on February 4, 2019 at 11:41 am

If incontinence is an issue for you, what seems to help you deal with that inconvenience?

Cyndi B replied 5 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 4, 2019 at 4:15 pm

Yes it was, but I now take Oxybutynin, which takes the urgency away, it’s really really good and works for both areas, which was a nice surprise.  So happy they work so well, what a relief.

• Debi Wilson

February 4, 2019 at 4:36 pm

I’m glad you found something that works Jilly!

• Jacqueline

February 4, 2019 at 6:41 pm

Oh yes, I often dont fully empty so can be backwards and forwards to the loos. I now use TENA pads daily, both inside and outside the home.

• Joan Bondira

February 12, 2019 at 12:34 pm

I’m so glad this has come up! I really, really wanted to talk about this with someone who would understand. I’ve been dealing with this for several years and have gone through multiple medications that worked at first, and then didn’t. I finally found that I’d pretty much been through them all, and was shocked to find, when copays kicked in for the new year, that I had a copay of $300+ for a 90 day Rx of Enablex, my current medication that doesn’t work–having to wear pads anyway.

Time to try another solution! So now I’m a week into my first Botox treatment, and it’s already amazing. Not just that I have complete control back, but that I don’t have to hurry to the bathroom at least once an hour at work. I can finally concentrate, and you know, get work done! And I have been going around with no pads since Saturday with zero accidents.

I’m wondering if anyone else has had this treatment and wants to compare notes, or is curious about it. I’d be happy to answer any questions and to update on how it’s going.  (Or not…see what I did there?)

• Debi Wilson

February 12, 2019 at 1:10 pm

That’s great Joan! How often will you need the treatment and how long do they say each treatment lasts?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 12, 2019 at 5:51 pm

Botox! Where?.  I’d like botox to get rid of my frown line.

• Joan Bondira

February 12, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Debi, most people need to get retreated about every six months. That’s not so bad, hunh? And the experience wasn’t that bad, either. I’ll describe it if anyone wants to know, but otherwise will leave it to your imagination.

LOL, Jiljeen. Unfortunately, it doesn’t help with frown lines.  Would it help to know that I’ve been smiling a lot more since I don’t have to worry about accidents and don’t have a scratchy pad riding up my butt? Seems like a good deal to me!

• Jacqueline

February 13, 2019 at 9:43 am

If there is not a loo where I am going, I dont nor cant go there…

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 14, 2019 at 1:33 pm

Joan, I think I know where.  But botox does get rid of frowns which is on my face lol, I just wish they would come to my home but they don’t do that.

Jackie, have you asked you doctor about Oxybutynin it’s helped me heaps.  It’s just a little pill I break in half but have asked my doctor for another half for over night.

• Cyndi B

February 19, 2019 at 1:06 pm

Joan, I hope you will continue to post on your experience with botox for bladder control.  I’m very interested in and hopeful to learn that your initial experience is long lasting (i.e. even 3 months would be great).  Was the procedure performed by a urologist?  In office, hospital or clinic?  How long did it take?  Were there any, and if so, what type of, test/exams were required in advance?  Thanks — so glad to here your initial treatment was beneficial so quickly.