Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Is taking a shower difficult for you?

Tagged: ,

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 14, 2019 at 6:50 pm

Showering isn’t a pleasant experience with MS. To be honest I shower just twice a week now, well I don’t go anywhere and I don’t get dirty, so there ya go. I get pillow hair which I really don’t like.  I really need to wet my hair everyday and blowdry it but that has changed. so just twice a week I look good lol.

I have a hand rail and a non slip suction mat but it’s still a mission, getting dried is a mission and getting dressed is a mission, it’s all a bit of a mission really lol. Oh but I just bought a fluffy toilet lid cover, so now I don’t get a cold bum when I dry my feet, things are looking up.

• debi-wilson

April 15, 2019 at 10:25 am

Good idea, Jilly lol

• collette-randall

December 17, 2020 at 12:08 pm

Well, I don’t have difficulties while I’m showering, but sometimes when I am very tired I can’t go to take a shower, and I do that by force, because In my case I take a shower everyday, and if I don’t do that I can’t fall asleep and recently I solve this issue. I bought in my opinion the best massage shower head. Now It’s a pleasure taking a shower after a hard day on work and staying at least 5 minutes under this massage It’s amazing. After a shower like this you fall asleep like in 1 minute.

• jacqueline

December 17, 2020 at 4:28 pm

I make sure i shower-shampoo my hair keeping my head as straight as i can without bending the neck and head forwards, as if i was to bend my neck, my head forwards, i can guarantee Lhermitte’s ( sign – phenomenon ) will have me down on the floor, like it did once when i was showing the shampoo off and i briefly closed my eyes as i was doing it…

• ed-tobias

December 17, 2020 at 7:47 pm

Jackie –

Good to have you back on the forums again. How are you doing?

Ed

• jacqueline

December 19, 2020 at 5:13 am

<b>Ed, thank you for my welcome back…I am not too good, stress since the sudden loss of my partner-hubby age 74, 19 months ago, plus my move 3 months ago, has – is taking its toll…Oh and i did i mention that i found him dead 4 years after to the exact date 11th April that i was diagnosed at age 64 with my PP-MS…I will be 70 next March..</b>

Jackie..

• jacqueline

December 19, 2020 at 5:24 am

Ed, thank you for my welcome back…I am not doing well, what with the stress i have had to deal with since the sudden loss of my partner – hubby at age 74, 19 months ago, plus my move 3 months ago has, is taking its toll…Oh and did i mention that i found him dead 4 years after, to the exact date 11th April i was diagnosed with PP-MS at age 64..I will be 70 next March…