Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Debi Wilson

Is showering difficult for you? What adaptions have you made to make it easier?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Showering isn’t a pleasant experience with MS. To be honest I shower just twice a week now, well I don’t go anywhere and I don’t get dirty, so there ya go. I get pillow hair which I really don’t like.  I really need to wet my hair everyday and blowdry it but that has changed. so just twice a week I look good lol.

I have a hand rail and a non slip suction mat but it’s still a mission, getting dried is a mission and getting dressed is a mission, it’s all a bit of a mission really lol. Oh but I just bought a fluffy toilet lid cover, so now I don’t get a cold bum when I dry my feet, things are looking up.

Debi Wilson

Good idea, Jilly lol

Collette Randall
      Participant

Well, I don’t have difficulties while I’m showering, but sometimes when I am very tired I can’t go to take a shower, and I do that by force, because In my case I take a shower everyday, and if I don’t do that I can’t fall asleep and recently I solve this issue. I bought in my opinion the best massage shower head. Now It’s a pleasure taking a shower after a hard day on work and staying at least 5 minutes under this massage It’s amazing. After a shower like this you fall asleep like in 1 minute.

Jacqueline
      Participant

I make sure i shower-shampoo my hair keeping my head as straight as i can without bending the neck and head forwards, as if i was to bend my neck, my head forwards, i can guarantee Lhermitte’s ( sign – phenomenon ) will have me down on the floor, like it did once when i was showing the shampoo off and i briefly closed my eyes as i was doing it…

Ed Tobias
      Keymaster

Jackie –

Good to have you back on the forums again. How are you doing?

Ed

Jacqueline
      Participant

<b>Ed, thank you for my welcome back…I am not too good, stress since the sudden loss of my partner-hubby age 74, 19 months ago, plus my move 3 months ago, has – is taking its toll…Oh and i did i mention that i found him dead 4 years after to the exact date 11th April that i was diagnosed at age 64 with my PP-MS…I will be 70 next March..</b>

Jackie..

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Jacqueline.
      Jacqueline
      Participant

Ed, thank you for my welcome back…I am not doing well, what with the stress i have had to deal with since the sudden loss of my partner – hubby at age 74, 19 months ago, plus my move 3 months ago has, is taking its toll…Oh and did i mention that i found him dead 4 years after, to the exact date 11th April i was diagnosed with PP-MS at age 64..I will be 70 next March…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account