Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Leg Spasms PPMS is this common?

• Leg Spasms PPMS is this common?

Posted by Deleted User on February 5, 2019 at 2:42 pm

ok, so after a 3 week journey from stepping backwards moving my left knee cap by 4mm, then just the other day falling on my left knee,  and by the next day all knee clunks had gone and pain, yay.  But last night in bed my left leg, starting at the foot and zooming up the whole leg I have developed a leg spasm.  Had a spams every 30 seconds, it was hard to sleep.   After taking an extra sleeping pill which did not help, I got up again a took a couple of disprin.  I fell asleep at last.

I hope this isn’t a new symptom, I remember before I knew I had MS my left leg would spas out, it was wierd.

The events that have stopped my knee cluck, I believe my future self set that up for me.  I have seen this type of event happen many times in my life.  I do believe in a past self, a future self , and of course me, here right now in the present.

I have been waiting for my future self to help me.  She came through, and about time future Jilly

Deleted User replied 5 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Debi Wilson

February 5, 2019 at 2:50 pm

Oh no,  yes I hope that’s not a new symptom for you! You don’t need that!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 5, 2019 at 3:18 pm

Your so right Debi, I like my sleep too much.  So far this morning no spasms, seems to only happen we I lie down.  I get grumpy if I can’t sleep.  I was grumpy last night I can tell you lol.

• Debi Wilson

February 6, 2019 at 11:53 am

I was going to add that yes I think spasms are common with PPMS, that is one of my main symptoms!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 6, 2019 at 5:32 pm

Sorry Debi, that’s no good.  I took 2 disprin last night, no problems,  hopefully it’s all over now.

• Cathy

February 7, 2019 at 4:56 pm

Hi Jilleen,

I get leg spasms too and only when laying down. I’m not even sure it’s a spasm, but it only happens in my left leg, from my ankle to my knee. It’s a weird feeling that makes me have to move my leg and stretch it. Five minutes later, it does it again.. very aggravating and can do this for hours. It’s impossible not to move it, literally would make me insane.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 7, 2019 at 6:22 pm

Cathy, yes, it only happens when I go to bed.  Taking 2 disprin before sleep helps stop it.  I can feel it gearing up for a spasm and your right you can’t stop it.  It starts in my left foot too, then charges up my leg, like an uncontrolled  kick.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 11, 2019 at 12:38 am

7 days ago (11 Feb 2019) I stopped taking tramadol. The last 3 days I have not been in good spirits.  Needing to be by myself, go to bed for an hour during the day, just want to remove myself from myself.
    Depersonalization can consist of a detachment within the self, regarding one’s mind or body, or being a detached observer of oneself. Subjects feel they have changed and that the world has become vague, less real, lacking in significance or being outside reality while looking in.  Tearing up and depression.  Seeing my doctor tomorrow.

• Jacqueline

February 11, 2019 at 9:30 am

Not sure what I have but I call them leg spasms…It is always inside top right leg groin area…thy can just come and go right out of the blue, sometimes I can sense one building up, at other times one will take me by surprise, and by that I mean, I could be taking a step carrying a freshly made hot cup of tea or a plate of food, I will have no warning…I describe these as a buildup, they can lay dormant or they can come alive…

Jackie…