Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Let’s Share Some Good News

Tagged: ,

• Let’s Share Some Good News

Posted by john-connor on August 23, 2022 at 1:41 pm

We undoubtedly spend all of our energies dealing with MS. Most of mine is spent exactly the same.
    Instead of dwelling on misfortune, let’s drum up some positive events and things to discuss.
    My main relaxation is watching films, series and the news. The variety is enhanced by still being able to afford a range of streaming services, living in the UK, and therefore having the esteemed BBC. I worked for years in TV – now I get to watch it.
    For the moment our two intense heat waves have thankfully passed. Now it’s just in the 70’s Fahrenheit range rather than hitting 100f which was a UK record. This 70f is extremely palatable and very different from the regular cool summers we used to get. I’ve read estimates that the UK is the fifth best country to live in with global heating. New Zealand is the first.
    My family is also gathering here this weekend from France and Australia as well as our local lot. Woo-hoo a party in my own house so I don’t have to go anywhere except my back garden.
    So, do you have any good news to report?

jilly replied 1 year, 4 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • jilly

August 30, 2022 at 8:17 pm

Puts hand up, I do, I do.

My sister and I got on a plane in Christchurch and flew down to Dunedin to see my other sister’s new home and have lunch with her. I was wheeled everywhere as my walker was put in as luggage. We had such a great day all getting together and before we knew it, it was time to head back to the airport to go home. The whole day was a hoot and we hope to repeat it every year. My sister made one mistake, she wheeled me into a lift and left me facing the back of the lift. It felt weird but I didn’t know at the time what to say. Next time I will ask her to wheel me in backwards. Who faces the back of a lift? Just an oversight on my sister’s part. It was the first time I have been on a plane with MS, whole new experience, get on the plane first and get off last, way cool.

People asked me ‘why didn’t you stay overnight?’ I like to get home, I am not an overnighter.

I turned 60 years old this week, omg how did I get there so fast! Don’t feel a day over 35…

• john-connor

Administrator
    September 1, 2022 at 11:58 am

Hi Jilly,
    Thanx for replying.
    I’d find a day like that shattering.
    Still u do live in the most wonderful country I’ve ever visited.
    Re the lift – that’s nothing. My teenage son used to revel in pushing
    me into a corner – when travelling thru airports. It cheered him up.
    He did enjoy the preferential treatment of boarding first though.
    Cheers John

• ed-tobias

September 2, 2022 at 4:54 pm

Hey Jilly,

That’s great news about your plane trip. I’m really glad you’re getting around like that. I’ve made a lot of plane trips, for work and play, over the years…many of them with my little TravelScoot scooter. You really don’t know what you can do until you do it.

Ed

• jilly

October 14, 2022 at 12:34 am

I turned 60 a couple of months ago and I have started making felt soft toys. I haven’t hand sewn for 35 years, except for replacing missing buttons. It’s been fun, but my stitches need some work so I am just making small toys at this stage.

• jilly

October 19, 2022 at 6:23 pm

I am making the stuffed little toys for those less fortunate. Thought when I get enough finished I will give them to Women’s Refuge or give them to the neighborhood chemist to give them to the little kids that look like they could used a soft stuffed toy. That’s my plan, I have plenty of felt but need more stuffing, so that’s on order. And I have found online great patterns to use.

• ed-tobias

October 26, 2022 at 11:24 am

That’s excellent, Jilly. I’m so glad to read about your project. I wonder if anyone else here is doing some similar craft projects.

Ed

• jilly

October 31, 2022 at 7:25 pm

Hiya Ed. I am delighted to finally have a project. It’s taken falling out of bed 3 times in 6 months, to buying a body pillow to have the light bulb moment to make toys with felt and pillow filler.

Oh and thanks mum (rip 1985). I still have your sewing kit.

• pjlicari6

February 24, 2023 at 9:55 am

My name is Peter J. Licari and I have had multiple sclerosis for 30 years!  I recently published a book called “multiple sclerosis: cause and effect.  How stress impacted my 30 year journey with multiple sclerosis.”  When I was diagnosed 30 years ago, there was a lot of issues that I was going through and now I was able to see what stress did to me. amazon.com,  Barnesandnobel.com. Or or and book stores should have it!