Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Slipping Over the Event Horizon Into SPMS

Tagged: ,

• bonbon75

May 12, 2021 at 12:25 pm

I admire anybody who tries to make MS a ‘known and knowable’ disease. Thanks for those who do!

• john-connor

Administrator
    May 12, 2021 at 12:46 pm

Ta Yvonne. I’m not that altruistic there is a stipend involved.

• shorty

May 12, 2021 at 9:18 pm

It’s still a commendable enterprize John. Finding information about MS and its effects, treatments and consequences can be difficult for a lot of people.

• john-connor

Administrator
    May 13, 2021 at 12:19 pm

Hey Shorty, all your replies r very commendable. Get a lot of response to my columns but not so much on here! And this is supposed to be a space for discussion.

Ask away about info, I probably won’t know it, but Ed my co-moderator probably will!. He’s had MS for 40 years & has been writing about it far longer than me.

Cheers John

#

• shorty

May 13, 2021 at 7:12 pm

Thanks John. I keep pretty well up to date with it but a lot of people do seem to struggle. Have a good one.

• ed-tobias

May 19, 2021 at 11:27 am

Hello all,

It’s been a busy and stressful week for me. I’m changing my legal residence from Maryland to Florida and when I went to change my driver’s license they made me take a driving test.  At age 72!! Keep an eye out for my MS Wire column this Friday in which I tell that tale.

I love trying to help people, both able bodied and us MS “gimps,” understand more about our illness. I’m amazed at the lack of knowledge out there – even on the part of some neurologists – so I’ve written my column here for almost 5 years and have also written a book: “We’re Not Drunk, We Have MS.”

I follow the belief that, rather than hiding from the storm it’s better to learn to dance in the rain. I hope you all do the same.

Ed

• john-connor

Administrator
    May 19, 2021 at 1:16 pm

That’s quite an achievement if u passed  it Ed, Even if I was able bodied I’d struggle to pass a UK driving test today. They’ve got a lot harder and I’d resent the time [and money] it would take to do it!

Precociously I took my first test on my 17th birthday [our legal age to start driving in the UK].  Of course I failed, not because I couldn’t drive  – I just couldn’t drive for the test! Had six lessons with a v. skeptical instructor.  Want back  and passed.

Now, I can’t even get into my ridiculously expensive, adapted drivers seat!