This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Debi Wilson 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
     Debi Wilson 
    Keymaster

My son and daughter in law gave me a  voucher for Christmas for a walker . I picked this one, and I love it!  What do you use to help keep you mobile?  What are your mobility aids of choice? Drive nitro euro walker.

Debi Wilson 
    Keymaster

Hi Ed

Yes, I should have mentioned it’s super easy to fold, and can slide in behind the front seat. There’s a pull handle on the walker seat. Just pull up and it folds.

Jacqueline 
    Participant

I have two but only use one as  I find it more steadier and solid, Trust’s Lets Fly, and the one I use Access TGA Active, both are 4 wheeled and both have larger wheels at the front.

Debi Wilson 
    Keymaster

The larger wheels really help don’t they Jackie. I notice them especially being outside and for making turns.  so much better !

Jacqueline 
    Participant

Yes they certainly do, plus I would never trust a three wheel rollator. Debi, what i like about our rollator’s are that they dont have those ” ugly ” sticking out to the sides, brake cords, I really dont like seeing those on show.

Debi Wilson 
    Keymaster

Yes! My last walker had those brake cords. They would get caught on things and one  eventually broke!

Dean Carvalho 
    Participant

I just got the Drive Nitro rollater, tall, and absolutely love it. I went to my local mobility store to see what aids would be available in the future, you know, for when I need it, thinking this was purely a fact finding excursion. I currently used a cane but was noticing my shoulders and neck muscles were getting tired which told me I was employing more muscles to maintain my balance than I thought. As soon as I tried the rollater I was able to walk faster with much less effort and I realized the future was now! I went home and couldn’t stop thinking about it and knew I had to buy one.

Drive has come out with a new model called the Nitro Duet which has foot and arm rests so a caregiver can push you in it while seated. It’s called a rollater/transport chair. I was going to get it but it was on back order and I didn’t want to wait and figured I could always get later.

Debi Wilson 
    Keymaster

Hi Dean,

That is awesome! Thank-you for sharing your story. I will check out the new Nitro duet you mentioned, it sounds great!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account