Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Mobility Aids What mobility aid helps you to get around?

• Debi Wilson

March 21, 2019 at 4:51 pm

Hi Ed

Yes, I should have mentioned it’s super easy to fold, and can slide in behind the front seat. There’s a pull handle on the walker seat. Just pull up and it folds.

• Jacqueline

March 21, 2019 at 6:01 pm

I have two but only use one as  I find it more steadier and solid, Trust’s Lets Fly, and the one I use Access TGA Active, both are 4 wheeled and both have larger wheels at the front.

• Debi Wilson

March 22, 2019 at 11:06 am

The larger wheels really help don’t they Jackie. I notice them especially being outside and for making turns.  so much better !

• Jacqueline

March 22, 2019 at 12:28 pm

Yes they certainly do, plus I would never trust a three wheel rollator. Debi, what i like about our rollator’s are that they dont have those ” ugly ” sticking out to the sides, brake cords, I really dont like seeing those on show.

• Debi Wilson

March 22, 2019 at 1:57 pm

Yes! My last walker had those brake cords. They would get caught on things and one  eventually broke!

• Dean Carvalho

April 2, 2019 at 6:44 pm

I just got the Drive Nitro rollater, tall, and absolutely love it. I went to my local mobility store to see what aids would be available in the future, you know, for when I need it, thinking this was purely a fact finding excursion. I currently used a cane but was noticing my shoulders and neck muscles were getting tired which told me I was employing more muscles to maintain my balance than I thought. As soon as I tried the rollater I was able to walk faster with much less effort and I realized the future was now! I went home and couldn’t stop thinking about it and knew I had to buy one.

Drive has come out with a new model called the Nitro Duet which has foot and arm rests so a caregiver can push you in it while seated. It’s called a rollater/transport chair. I was going to get it but it was on back order and I didn’t want to wait and figured I could always get later.

• Debi Wilson

April 2, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Hi Dean,

That is awesome! Thank-you for sharing your story. I will check out the new Nitro duet you mentioned, it sounds great!

• Jeannie

August 10, 2019 at 1:20 pm

I just got an Alinker. You may have seen Selma Blair in photos or videos on one. I am able to walk for short periods, standing is hard. I am trying to build strength and it was appealing to me because it allows me to use my legs without the weight on them. I really wanted to be able to do things like walk my dogs, go to museums, shopping, etc. I am hoping it will give me more independence. So far, it has been very hot here in Nashville and using it outside has only happened a couple of times. The dogs love it! We went to the museum and it was fantastic on the hard surfaces. The carpet took a bit more work. We are going to Chicago in a week and I am very excited to use it there.  I have found that the slightest hill takes some work, but flat surfaces make me feel like I am flying. It folds up easily and only weighs 26 lobs. and is the same footprint as a wheelchair.

• shorty

November 24, 2020 at 10:39 am

G’day, I use a Hip Flexion Assist Device HFAD made by Becker Orthopedics. It is the best invention since canned beer. I did have to modify it because I have a lot of lower back pain but now it’s great. Also have a look at these for a scooter/wheel chair. They are made in New Zealand and are made to order so it takes about 6 months to get one so unfortunately I have missed out because I have run out of time. I also now have cancer. The sitting position and the fact that there is nothing in front of you combined with hands free operation mean they would be great for allowing you to keep doing things.     https://omeotechnology.com/