Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS What was your first symptom of MS?

• What was your first symptom of MS?

Posted by Debi Wilson on May 7, 2018 at 7:22 pm

It’s easy to overlook the first symptoms of MS. They can be subtle, such as, just being a little off balance.

What symptom did you notice first?

Jacqueline replied 6 years ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Valli Henry Hanes

May 14, 2018 at 8:05 pm

I haven’t been diagnosed, but my neurologist suspects it.   Numbness and tingling on left side of my face.  Brain lesion was found.

• Debi Wilson

May 14, 2018 at 8:39 pm

I hope you are able to get an answer soon for your peace of mind, Val.

• Jacqueline

May 15, 2018 at 1:15 am

Hard to say really…Strange things I remember was once getting out of the car as a passenger, as I placed my feet on the ground, I swung around to the side, it was as if I never had one of my legs…Another was a time I was walking my dogs, just about to cross the non busy road when out of nowhere my right leg shot up, I lost my balance hopping over to the right before gaining control, the rest of my short journey home was as normal…But my most recollections was walking the dogs when halfway of my 20 minute short walk, my walking went into what I called ” flipper foot, ” then further along, almost reaching home, crossing the quiet side road, I would go into ” robotic mode..” these are the terms I would then mention to my GP, as they were the best ways of me explaining to them…I had also mentioned my right hand was feeling like a ” dried shrivelled up old leaf, ” and that my toes were painful and burning…all these things stated happening around the same time, oh and not forgetting the way my bladder functioning were changing, again I told the medics, it was as if ” I had two separate pockets ”

I would also like to add, I had also noticed my right eye lid looked droopy but didn’t think twice of it, or why…it still does…

But my main recollections was something happening to my lower stomach, a kindof dropping feeling, then I found something preventing me from walking…